Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting some flow masters for my 2007 GT, just wanted to get some thoughts about this mod, thanks

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I would go with slp loudmouth axel backs and keep your stock h pipe just add the slp loudmouths they sound really good awsome muscle car sound. Flowmasters are really raspy from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just so you no the loudmouths are really loud lol.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I've run both. Preferred the SLPs. But there's nothing wrong with Flowmasters except they do rust.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Flowmasters sound great on a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I cant have it too loud, my apt I live in they would like it very much when I start it up the am ( 5:30 ), I park right underneath an apt in a carport.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the whole exhaust system or just the mufflers to replace??

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like something I would like to do , I called a shop near my home, $240.00 for the whole job, Is that a good price??

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
You can do the install yourself, it's very easy... Save the money for your next mod.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would if I could but I save all that stuff for the professionals

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I would if I could but I save all that stuff for the professionals
Understood... That quote for install sounds high. I would check around some more.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What kind of flowmasters?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I am not sure , can anyone make a suggestion

·
Registered
571 Posts
well it cost me 220 for the regular flowmasters (super 40 series) , parts and all. Then you have the new American Thunders which are more expensive but sound a bit better.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool, thanks for the info

·
Registered
571 Posts
Np. i am sure if you want to hear them there has to be audio files on youtube, or the flowmaster site itself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Flowmaster

I just installed the American Thunders on my 05 about a month ago. They sound great. It really deepened the sound of the car. Since I am statioined in Germany I get to open up the car each time I hit the Autobahn. The mufflers are prettly loud cruising at 90+. But having the opportunity to set the cuise at 100 mph is priceless. Plus the 4 inch tips really help the look out back. IMO get the flowmasters. My wife paid about 280 from Jegs and that was the cheapest we could find.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.