Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I drove to Brenspeed to have my Stage 3 Saleen Supercharger installed. We showed up late Sunday night and as promised the guest house was unlocked and the key was on the table. We got a few drinks in town, came back and consumed some complimentary totinos pizzas. The next morning we dropped the car off at the shop and took the complimentary Ford Expedition back to town. After breakfast we went back to the house and laid around and relaxed. The weather was cold and rainy otherwise we would have gone to one of the many lakes. Regardless I can't speak enough of the house that just gave us a place to relax. Around 4, as promised they called and said to head to the shop for the Dyno of the car. After the dyno we shook hands, talked shop for awhile and we headed on our way. All expectations were meet or exceded. Good to find a speed shop that does what they say and provided me accomadations to make the whole experience fun and relaxing. By the way, we got 450 rear wheel horsepower and 425 torque on the dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Really big congrates!! I have been looking at the Saleen chargers myself from Brenspeed. I have my tune and CAI from them. Agreed. Quality techs and shop.

Now I need to figure out how to slip $6K out of the wife view and that will be a tough job...never mind the trip out their...

Nice setup, good luck !!

Have fun killing the Vetts!!!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
excellent to hear about Brenspeeds hospitality. I just read last night that they have a guest house and use of a vehicle at no charge while your car is prepared, for extended service.

have fun with that SC !!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now that is service above and beyond. :bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
I thought that was the coolest thing when I read that on their site the first time. Congrats on the new toy and I'm glad your experience was positive!

If I only lived closer. Actually, if I only had the money to go FI.

Congrats!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Yeah i saw the outside/inside of their house from my buddy that just recently came back from there.. Dude that was some nice stuff, by any chance did you see a 07 Silver GT on 20 in rims, blacked out rear?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I thought that was the coolest thing when I read that on their site the first time. Congrats on the new toy and I'm glad your experience was positive!

If I only lived closer. Actually, if I only had the money to go FI.

Congrats!
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.

Sorry... :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Thanks for the review and enjoy your new power. I live in NJ and am planning on goin to Brenspeed in March to get the same exact kit the Stage 3 Saleen. I figured they would be really professional and this review proves it. 450rwhp is awesome I thought it would be around 425 for that kit. I cant wait until March.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
retrogt2006- I did see it under a cover beside the Dyno. There was some nice stangs sitting around.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well I drove to Brenspeed to have my Stage 3 Saleen Supercharger installed. We showed up late Sunday night and as promised the guest house was unlocked and the key was on the table. We got a few drinks in town, came back and consumed some complimentary totinos pizzas. The next morning we dropped the car off at the shop and took the complimentary Ford Expedition back to town. After breakfast we went back to the house and laid around and relaxed. The weather was cold and rainy otherwise we would have gone to one of the many lakes. Regardless I can't speak enough of the house that just gave us a place to relax. Around 4, as promised they called and said to head to the shop for the Dyno of the car. After the dyno we shook hands, talked shop for awhile and we headed on our way. All expectations were meet or exceded. Good to find a speed shop that does what they say and provided me accomadations to make the whole experience fun and relaxing. By the way, we got 450 rear wheel horsepower and 425 torque on the dyno.
Talk about differentiating yourself from the competition. Heck, I live about 1.5 hours away from them....hmmmm:scratchchin

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

welcome to the world of FI :) 450/425 is great. questions...who's CAI setup? one they supplied or the one you already had??? Saleen has 2.... you have the smaller of the 2. still the stock MAF? And what size pulley you running? Did you do the fuel pump upgrade as well?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
MickMach the picture he has shows a Steeda CAI with stock inlet tube. The Brenspeed Satge 3 comes with
Saleen blower, 39lb injectors, BoostaPump, vacuumline kit, 3.4 pulley, Steeda CAI, HTO spark plugs, SCT 2 Tuner and new belt. There is an optional Brenspeed/Saleen CAI upgrade that looks really cool and completely covers the air filter. Ive been drooling over this kit for months and hopefully in March when I get my raise I will be visiting Indianna and giving my Stang the Brenspeed Spa treatment.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That sure is a nice system they have for their customers.
Indeed!

Congrats on the SC! :bigthumbsup:D

Impressions of the SC?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is the stock inlet tube. For 299 you can upgrade to the Saleen inlet tube. I couldn't justify the cost for the minimum horsepower gains. I figure the supercharger speaks for itself without even being seen. The upgrade is for 550 + horsepower which I will need someday but I wasn't that impressed with the looks anyhow. As for the supercharger, I have yet to really see what it can do because it poured rain the whole way home and I haven't driven it since.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
retrogt2006- I did see it under a cover beside the Dyno. There was some nice stangs sitting around.
Hah, badass! that is my neighbor, who after the test drive in it, inspired me to go saleen lol! Even though, ill have to keep saving- i think itll be worth it.

The thing is, i can get the new Vortech V-3 Si Trim for 2000$. Im sure it will give me the power i want but when i think about no low end power i think ill be settling when i originally wanted this saleen kit.

Both kits are going to be great regardless, its just what i want to use it for.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Talk about differentiating yourself from the competition. Heck, I live about 1.5 hours away from them....hmmmm:scratchchin
haha, I live 17 hours away and I'm still considering a Brenspeed Installation :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.