Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

This is what setuo I have on my car.
I have an 89 lx 5.0. I have a BBK cold air intake, accel ignition, plug wires ect. I have a set of shortie headers x pipe off road no cats 40 series flow masters with 2.5 inch pipe. The timing is bumped up. I want to add an E303 cam. Do I need to worry abouts/d. I have had the mods for over 1 year. Please explain.

Thanks,
Angry5.0

·
Registered
504 Posts
your car is an 89...you have mass air flow sensor..86-88 have S/D lol

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You have mass air my man... 1986-1988 (49 states) had speed density. Now if it's a California car in 1988, it too had mass air. But you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Mass Air- volume of air going into engine measured by the mass air meter (see sticky up top for description)

Speed Density- volume of air is assumed by a reference table inside the PCM and fuel mapping is determined by the MAP, ECT, and TP (calculated load)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mass Air- volume of air going into engine measured by the mass air meter (see sticky up top for description)

Speed Density- volume of air is assumed by a reference table inside the PCM and fuel mapping is determined by the MAP, ECT, and TP (calculated load)

Couldnt have said it better myself

G

·
thanks ive never known the difference but i live in cali and i dont think there is a lot of s/d cars out here

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
thanks ive never known the difference but i live in cali and i don't think there is a lot of s/d cars out here
+

rangers up from 86-92 were speed density, as were F and E series from 86-around 93

along with the 86-87 and non California 88 mustangs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.