Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only been 1.5 weeks after I took delivery, and I know black is a high maintence color, but hell!

I'm gonna wash my car this weekend, and I'm wondering if there's any car care products you guys swear by or at least recommend--detergents, chamois, whatever. She's too special for the ol' Mr Turtle treatment.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
ronin_wolf said:
It's only been 1.5 weeks after I took delivery, and I know black is a high maintence color, but hell!

I'm gonna wash my car this weekend, and I'm wondering if there's any car care products you guys swear by or at least recommend--detergents, chamois, whatever. She's too special for the ol' Mr Turtle treatment.

thanks in advance
Oh yeah! Mr. turtle is not up to par for these beauties. Rather than go through the whole spill on Zaino, I have to tell you. Listen to stoenr.
You are going to have fun with black, if you are anything of a clean freak, your motto will be: Why worry when you can obsess.

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Lances03GT said:
I love the absorber.Work's great and last for years.A detail spray can be your best friend.I use this..
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1001&SKU=11146
Will make it look just waxed and removes road tar and bug's easily.
I worry about scratches when using these products. Lance, how do you keep this from happening? I use a detail spray after wahing the car. Do you use it between washes?

·
Registered
308 Posts
J&D said:
I worry about scratches when using these products. Lance, how do you keep this from happening? I use a detail spray after wahing the car. Do you use it between washes?
Yes I use it between washes all the time.I'm a detail freak and can't stand my car being dirty :)

I've been using it for a couple of years now and have not had a problem with scratches.I use clean Microfiber's only.I spray one with the spray and then use another one for removal.

I had a car show 2 year's ago that I had too get ready for and it rained all day so I could'nt wash it.I used only the detail spray in my garage and it came out show ready.My car was pretty nasty too because I had drove it in the rain all day.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like the absorber to dry because it is very gentle on the paint unlike leather product's.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Also I've used it on the 06 since I brought it home with great result's.But it is white.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Thanks Lance. I have two types of detail sprays. one to clay and the zaino brand to finish the polish process. It is raining in Houston today and will try it out when it stops.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys. Appreciate it. I'll check out the Zaino line.

For the time being, I'm using some Meguiar's stuff and a bunch of microfibre (can't have enough of these puppies on hand) just 'cause I HAD to wash my car. Central Florida's a really dusty, dirty place (a lot of construction and stuff).

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
You're getting good advice already

I'm using 100% Zaino products including tire shine
Car wash soap only, not 'detergent'
Cover the car when you can - keeps the dust off.
When washing the microweave or 100% cotten towels: NO bleach, No fabric softener.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
mmmhmmm nice rides meat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the tips, Meatball.

Holy hell--do you shave using your door as a mirror or what? [re: 21 jpg]

That finish shows a lot of care and attention, mac. Nice work.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
ronin_wolf said:
Thanks for the tips, Meatball.

Holy hell--do you shave using your door as a mirror or what? [re: 21 jpg]

That finish shows a lot of care and attention, mac. Nice work.
-- if you haven't already, look at the Customer's Rides section on the Zaino site - there are cars there that make mine look like it was painted with a spray can. Can't take credit for the shine on the 01; was nice when I got it 5 wks ago (EBay) but they'd run it through too many car washes so I had it professionally done - now all I have to do is keep it that way

And for kicks - the soul of the red 96:

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
OK Gang - What about the "California Car Duster"? Worthy or not?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Definatly. Funny tho. I end up just washing the car. Only used mine once since I got the car. Its the color I think. Doesnt need it like my black t-bird.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know if anyone has tried this ye tor not but....(Don't laugh)

Mr. Clean Car washing kit. It has a hose attachment that sprays, then soaps, and finish by passing the h2o through an on board water softener to get a spot free rinse without drying! I got it for Christmas, and felt I should at least try it to be nice. I am glad I did! Water around here is soo hard! Even when you dry after washing if it even starts to dry before the towel dry your screwed!

I'm sure I'll get a few laughs for this suggestion but it really does work great! I don't use the brush attachment, Just rinse, soap, hand wash, rinse, then spot free rinse.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Stoenr said:
Definatly. Funny tho. I end up just washing the car. Only used mine once since I got the car. Its the color I think. Doesnt need it like my black t-bird.
I'm considering..between washings only...using the duster and then wipe down with a detailing spray. Just wondering whether that will produce small scratches or not.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
GTEUPP said:
OK Gang - What about the "California Car Duster"? Worthy or not?
-- I have one and use it on the red car; the way-fussy high-end detail guy that did the black car says they scratch. Think you need to be gentle & careful w/them and not use them if you really should have washed the car instead.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
meatball said:
You're getting good advice already

I'm using 100% Zaino products including tire shine
Car wash soap only, not 'detergent'
Cover the car when you can - keeps the dust off.
When washing the microweave or 100% cotten towels: NO bleach, No fabric softener.
Looks great, but I hope the detailers did not put those swirls in your door.:sosad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.