Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen it mentioned before but never really thread about it. I have driven/owned various 4 cylinder- v8s but I have never had one that dissipated heat the way the stang does.

Ill be at a drive thru with the windows down and I can feel the heat coming out from under the car. When I turn the car off in the driveway, and open the door, the intense heat is felt even before I begin to slid out. The fluids are full, and the heat from the engine bay seems normal, which makes me think its the cat/exhaust design, that allows enormous amounts of heat to billow out the sides?

Anyone notice this?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I notice it too, that rad fan pushes a lot of air. The hot air coming from the engine on cool mornings causes condensation on the outside of the windshield. Never had a car do that before.

I've never had a car this efficient either, they're doing something right! :shiny:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The hood is really light and designed to displace heat as well.:winks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've noticed at drive thrus too, it's like an oven is opening! :nono:

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's Ford's way of discouraging unhealthy eating habits at fast food drive thru's. :shigrin

Tim

J

·
0 Posts
When you're idling or in traffic the fan is likely on and they push a lot of hot air out so you'll really notice it then. It's a fairly big engine so it's going to make some heat. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've noticed this since the first time I drove the car. However a couple months ago, I noticed that the heat was somehow making its way into my cabin space! Mainly down by my legs. I started trying to search for the problem and realized that a foam pad that fits between the door jam and the front quarter panel next to the engine had somehow come unglued. I stuck my hand in there and the heat was like a volcano! I went around to the passengers side in the same spot where the foam pad was still in place and there was much less heat. I took it into the dealer and they fixed it. Pretty crazy though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've noticed this since the first time I drove the car. However a couple months ago, I noticed that the heat was somehow making its way into my cabin space! Mainly down by my legs. I started trying to search for the problem and realized that a foam pad that fits between the door jam and the front quarter panel next to the engine had somehow come unglued. I stuck my hand in there and the heat was like a volcano! I went around to the passengers side in the same spot where the foam pad was still in place and there was much less heat. I took it into the dealer and they fixed it. Pretty crazy though.
You must be driving my car cause i have the same foam pad unglued. I was worried the car was in a previous accident and the body shop never took the time to put it in properly. Ive also felt the heat around my legs and i was thinking eh my cars just really figgin hot but it is clear what the problem is now

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts