Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have extremely hard water spots on every inch of glass on my 2007 Ford Mustang. I've tried everything from 100% Vinegar mixtures to vinegar with baking soda to even muriatic acid and nothing seems to work or even put a dent in the spots. I'm not the first owner of this car and these hard water spots have been on the car for years. A razor blade helps a little bit but the process is too tedious and does not work well at all. Does anyone have any tricks that would help with my problem?

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
agree! Barkeepers friend is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can use a hard cotton pad to slowly (slow speed) polish the glass....most glass shops will have one and can sell to you very reasonable....... slow speed is the key....heat or working one spot will damage the glass just like paint...and cause a visual deformity.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I used a product I found at Wal-Mart for cleaning glass top stoves to remove hard water spots. Worked great. It was in the house hold cleaner aisle.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Bar keepers Friend and rub it in with a buffer? Is a hard cotton pad all I can use?

Check with a local glass shop....they will know the correct answer but when I needed a kit a few years ago, local glass shop assembled this for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i ended up borrowing an entire kit from a friend buffer and buffing pads designed for stuff like this. I found "Water Spot Rx Hard Water Spot Remover for Glass and Windows" by chemical guys and was wondering if it would be worth it to order.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
So i ended up borrowing an entire kit from a friend buffer and buffing pads designed for stuff like this. I found "Water Spot Rx Hard Water Spot Remover for Glass and Windows" by chemical guys and was wondering if it would be worth it to order.

It's pretty much the same ....jewelers rouge is what the polishing substance is....found in toothpaste as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's pretty much the same ....jewelers rouge is what the polishing substance is....found in toothpaste as well
Bar Keepers friend with a buffer using medium-hard cutting pad worked like a charm. I've owned this car for a year and have never seen the glass this way before. It's phenomenal! I can actually see at night! Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts