Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys? when i bought my car it had what appears to be factory decals down the side not the ones that say mustang but more of a riced out graphic i got them off today after 4 hours with a blow dryer but theres still alot of glue left behind ive been using goop off but its not working anyone have any suggestions?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
more heat and paint thinner, then you'll have to rewax the car when you're done.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Bullit were did u get ur 281 decals?
And do I just use a blow dryer or what?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more heat and paint thinner, then you'll have to rewax the car when you're done.
why paint thinner that sounds like a bad idea to me only cause im not a body guy i dont know the tricks it seems like everyday i make a little progress on this glue just want it all gone for the american muscle car show in aug im so pumped to be in that show:bigthumbsup
also would i need to clean buff then polish then wax?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
A heat gun gets hot enough that it will melt the paint off the car if you're not careful. Paint thinner won't hurt the cured paint, it'll just strip every bit of wax off the car. I've had to use it multiple times.

The 281 badges came from autobadges.com, but after 2 years, they're faded out now.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I just used the hair dryer and then rubbing alcohol. Done it a couple of time with good luck.
Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im going to try rubbing alcohol and the blow dryer if that dosnt work then paint thinner it is just makes me very nervous.
is anyone else going to the american muscle show in august?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
102 Posts
WD 40 has worked fine for all my vechicles

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
WD 40 has worked fine for all my vechicles
I'm sure it would be ok as long as it didn't sit and was quickly wiped off, but there is no way I would ever allow WD-40 anywhere near paint that I cared about. That stuff is dangerous and should only be used on paint when vandalizing something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts