Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Convertible with the factory Mach stereo, mulit-disk system in it. My problem is that when the temperature is cool outside, below 65 degrees or so, when I first start my vehicle up and try to turn the volume control down, it gets louder very quickly. After the car interior warms up everything works just fine. Not a big deal but wondering if anyone else has this problem. When I turn the dial real slow it will adjust the volume down then back up to a louder level. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
It must be haunted.

Seriously though that does sound weird. Maybe it has something to do with the audio control that makes it louder as your speed increases. Scroll through your menu and set it to zero and see what happens.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
theres some kind of dirt or contaminant in the volume control. this has happened before. do a search.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My guess is that the brushes inside the volume potentiometer have worn down -- this is just something that happens to brushed pots as they get older. You could replace the pot, but is it really worth it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probably about time for a swap - definitely worth the time and money to gain extra features like Bluetooth, USB, aux ports, things like that. Just so long as it's done tastefully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts