Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the factory spring rates for an 01 GT?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I believe its 450 in front and 200 in the rear.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, looking to get some performance lowering springs and needed to know where to start. Was thinking about the spring, sway bar and shock kit from Ford Motorsport. I believe it is the Bulliet set with 600 fronts and I can get it at a discount.

Anybody else here used that set before, if so any comments?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
While the Bullitt kit is inexpensive, there are smoother riding combos, and plenty of spring/shock threads here if do a search. Can also ask the Bullitt guys here: www.imboc.com The Bullitt kit has one of the smallest drops around (3/4 - 1")

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
jjandascog said:
Thanks man, looking to get some performance lowering springs and needed to know where to start. Was thinking about the spring, sway bar and shock kit from Ford Motorsport. I believe it is the Bulliet set with 600 fronts and I can get it at a discount.

Anybody else here used that set before, if so any comments?
I have the Bullit kit and other than the fact that I would like more of a drop, I love the kit. It handles much better than stock and I like the balance that the sway bar combo gives. I may upgrade to some Steeda sport springs later on. My dad has those springs and the drop is perfect. Bang for the buck, you can't beat the Bullit kit. If you 've got the money, though, there are better kits.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Save your money. Just save up a little more and convert over to coil overs for an even better ride and a slammed look. I have max speed springs now lowered 1.5" inch in the front and 2" rear the ride isn't to bad, but I'm saving for the tubular k-member and coil over set up. Also any want to buy my max speed springs ^^ they have about 8,000 miles on them. I'm putting my stock ones back in, due to getting a bigger motor and roush side exhaust.The tips are way to close to the ground, also they were on my 2001 gt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.