Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faded DIY caliper paint. Repaint red or silver?

When I bought my car the stock brake calipers were painted red, and have faded over time. I'm indifferent to the red, so should I repaint them red or go with an OEM look and paint them silver?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
What color is the car? I think I see white on the edge of the photo, which is a good neutral color that can be complemented by just about any color you want. Red's not a bad choice here, but if you find that too cliché, there are a hundred other choices that would look great.

(I went with the standard red on my car, but it's a different shade than the body, and now I regret it. Body-color might not have been a great idea, either. I really should have just painted them black, that would have been a good contrast.)

Whatever you do end up going with, just make sure you use a high-temp paint.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I vote for "silvee"

:smile:

But seriously, if you are going to bother to paint them, might as well go with something noticeable and with some contrast . . . red is great but overused; black would give some contrast with the silver wheels; something crazy like blue or yellow might be even cooler

·
Registered
306 Posts
Never been a fan of painted stock calipers myself. Mine were a little stained so I painted them silver to look stock-new again.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, that's the look. Sorry, I forgot I made this post lol. Unless they're big brakes (Brembo, Wilwood) it just doesn't make sense to me to paint them red or whatever.

Looks good and new!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts