Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. It's been a while since I've been on....
i took my 03 Mustang GT in for my smog check and I failed. kinda surprised. I've got a KN cai, BBK headers and flowmaster mufflers, with a chip and tune. i was told by the mechanic smog would be ok...any advice on how to pass?....i'm kinda gettin sick of this car, and will prob trade it next year for something more functional. i dont have a shop or anything and i don't work on cars. i just wanted to beef up my car a bit. I just need it to pass, and hopefully the future buyer won't have problems either. Should I just go stock, replacing the headers anyways with stock? thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you decide to sell the headers, PM please. Also, if you need help passing smog, maybe I can help:gringreen. Where in Southern CA are you from? L.A?, SD?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
maybe the tune is what messed you up. i would go back to the mechanic and get him to fix whatever he did there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Why did it fail?

Did it not pass the visual inspection because of the headers or was it not clean enough at the pipe? Which headers do you have? I recently asked BBK and they said they are working on getting their shorty headers Carb approved this year. Maybe if that happens you can use the Carb # for your headers. I know that doesn't help now....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.