Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to possibly sell my 3v motor and trying to figure out a fair price. The engine has 98,000 miles. It will need a new radiator, new windshield resivor and new pullies. Mods include CMDP and Comp NSR stage 2 cams. Engine oil was change every 5K

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am looking to possibly sell my 3v motor and trying to figure out a fair price. The engine has 98,000 miles. It will need a new radiator, new windshield resivor and new pullies. Mods include CMDP and Comp NSR stage 2 cams. Engine oil was change every 5K
Most people that want them won't want the radiator or washer reservoir, just the engine to forge and/or rebuild. FWIW - when I did my new build, my builder / tuner gave me a $1000 credit for the old (17k mile) longblock. Sold it to another drag racer.

He also gave me the same price for my original 5R55S transmission, which are in high demand now for lack of cores :smilie

Also, if the buyer is the same sort, I suspect mileage won't much matter but they'll appreciate that you changed the oil frequently. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people that want them won't want the radiator or washer reservoir, just the engine to forge and/or rebuild. FWIW - when I did my new build, my builder / tuner gave me a $1000 credit for the old (17k mile) longblock. Sold it to another drag racer.

He also gave me the same price for my original 5R55S transmission, which are in high demand now for lack of cores :smilie

Also, if the buyer is the same sort, I suspect mileage won't much matter but they'll appreciate that you changed the oil frequently. :bigthumbsup
So $1000 to 1500 would be a fair price?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
So $1000 to 1500 would be a fair price?
Can't say for certain, but it seems reasonable if you look at the core charges engine and head builders charge you if you don't ship back your old shortblock or heads. They can exceed that price combined.

Also, I'm willing to bet my builder made more than the $1000 credit he gave me when he turned around and sold my engine :winks

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have been casually looking over the past few months for a 3v for a winter 302m stroker build. Low mileage long blocks can be found quite easily for $1500-$1800. Honestly, your will not command much more than $1000 due to the mileage in my opinion. It will only appeal to someone looking to rebuild it.

I just found a 2006 long block 73K miles all accessories for $750.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts