Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I haven't posted on hear in a while but to make a long story short I got a new job which I love but now drive like 80+ miles a day and driving has lost its fun to me and now I am selling my stang. Below is a link to the add that I have made I just wanted to see first if I am asking a fair price, second if any of you have any suggestions for me to change anything in my add thanks for any responses they are appreciated.http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=17000&cardist=0&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Sounds fair to me due to your low mileage. I have an 03 Cobra with almost identical mileage and I wouldn't part with it for less than low twenties. Since our two cars sold new for about a 10K difference, the difference in pricing remains but you have made a considerable performance upgrade. I'd give your car a look at that price if I wanted another stang.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Seems fair to me. The car looks clean, plus it has low miles for an '03.

I just don't understand the Cobra emblems on the side....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
very fair price for a supercharged gt with less than 30 on the clock.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems fair to me. The car looks clean, plus it has low miles for an '03.

I just don't understand the Cobra emblems on the side....
They were there when I bought the car I thought about taking them off but I wasn't sure if they would leave spots of brighter red where they were so I just didn't fool with it. Also those red interior trim pieces where there already too I was gonna paint them back to black but I just never got around to it. Thanks for all the replies fellas

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any more opinions I'm just a little curious cause I have had an ad on craigslist for about a month and I only got a couple of inquires and one guy took my car for a joy ride. No serious leads just a bunch of dreamers I guess. If my price is to high fellas just let me know it won't hurt my feeling honest. Thanks

G

·
Sounds like an extremely good price to me. I picked up my auto '02 GT with 48k miles for 10k, and I thought that was a good price.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well, I guess you could just make it an even 13k. Then I guess if you don't sell it, you could lower the price a little bit. Then just lower every few weeks until you sell it or decide to keep it

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just keep it :shigrin
But seems like a pretty decent price. The economy is bad so do not expect to sell it over night. If you are not in a hurry I think you will get what you want out of it when the right person comes along but if you need to sell it quickly try 12,999.00 ;)

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
If I were you I'd keep it and get a beater for the commute, but that's not always an option. The price seems fair, anyone buying that car would be getting a good deal on an excellent car. You could try taking it to carmax and see what they offer for it, it'll be a good bit lower than what its worth, but if its less than say 8k, you might be asking too much on your area, but I really think its a good price. Try listing it in a bunch of places, ebay has helped a lot of people sell cars, and posting threads on every forum you can think of can't hurt either. Its gonna take some time to sell it, and now is the worst time cause its the summer, gas prices will be going up for a while as they rape us for vacation season, so buyers get shrunken sphincters as they thing about buying. Be patient, and I wouldn't go a lot less than that unless you really have to.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sold it for 11,800 ouch! I know it just isn't the best time to try and sell a car anyway thanks to all of you for your responses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.