Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After racing a corvette down the highway and getting beat. I have this feeling I gave the corvette driver a false sense of pride. I feel that he did not realize that my car was only a v6. Granted when I pulled up next to him and teased him, I knew he would come out on top. My car also has the pony package so it can resemble a GT if not looked at carefully in the dark. Although plain as day is the single exhaust. Have any other v6 drivers came across this? or fellow GT drivers in the past? Thanks.

PS. I am not a street racer I just wanted to see what would happen against a vette.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
No doubt Vettes are quick.I've been challenged in my GT several times by Vette drivers.And everytime my wife is in the car and I won't compromise her safety.I did however give a late model CamaroSS an honest run and had him by a couple of car lengths.He backed off and asked lots of questions about the newer Mustangs,I hope he converts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Don't over analyze it. Just have fun. Sure the Vette guy will tell his friends and they'll all high five at your expense but don't worry about it. Then with a smile and a sigh he'll fall asleep and dream about how he stomped you at half throttle but don't let it get to you. There will be a spring in his step for a week as he replays the event over and over in his mind as his co-workers get sick of the story because he doesn't realize that he's talking out loud from pure joy. But don't over analyze it.

I kid, but really just have fun. Who cares what he thinks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes.

Well, it certainly doesn't help that where my car is right now in terms of modification, it looks like a GT clone. But yes.

I never really race, there's really no point in a stock v6 racing a corvette :) Only time I've ever raced was against a camaro SS, just because, well, it was sort of obligatory. Gotta keep the feud going. I lost, of course, but *****- this car flew. Got to the light and he told me with a grin that he had several mods under the hood. When I laughed and told him I was running a 6, I think it kind of killed his steam.

N

·
0 Posts
06RedfireV6 said:
PS. I am not a street racer I just wanted to see what would happen against a vette.

uh...yes you are a streetracer..just like a guy who uses drugs once is a drug user...a guy who has sex with another guy just once is gay...welcome to the midnight club...that said...most guys who drives vettes are car guys like most mustang guys...i'm sure he knew what he was racing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
uh...yes you are a streetracer..just like a guy who uses drugs once is a drug user...a guy who has sex with another guy just once is gay...welcome to the midnight club...that said...most guys who drives vettes are car guys like most mustang guys...i'm sure he knew what he was racing.
LMAO!! :grinroll:

Nightrunner, you are one of the main reasons I visit this site...an American Original...

·
Registered
42 Posts
POCO said:
No doubt Vettes are quick.I've been challenged in my GT several times by Vette drivers.And everytime my wife is in the car and I won't compromise her safety.I did however give a late model CamaroSS an honest run and had him by a couple of car lengths.He backed off and asked lots of questions about the newer Mustangs,I hope he converts.
lol i really dont like Camaros personaly because i whooped a Z-28 in my big Ford Expidition lol it was kinda sad for the guy too because he hit a curb and bent one of his rims lol :rollgrin:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the fact that you lost to the corvette was because the guy actually knew how to drive it i belive any car can beat any car if your driving skils surpass the driver of the other car its simple really you just need to know how to get some more "umph" out of the shifts. ie- in an automatic mustang if you time this right you can essentialy do a type of shift that is similar to a double clutch in standard cars to do this you simply take your foot off the gas for a nano second and then slam the pedal to the metal and if done correctly it will cause the rear wheels to peel out when shifting. on the other hand in a standard car you do almost the same thing except it involves a clutch and perfect timing what you do is shift gears than slam the gas pedal to the floor and pull off the clutch really fast thus making it seem as if you doubled up on the clutch thus called a double clutch and as in an automatic your rear tires should peel out giving you a lil jerk into a lot of torque :) knowing those can change the out come of any race instead of not doing it :) i recomend practicing against some slower cars like Honda Civics or Celicas that serve no real threat and it will help your shifting skills by far thats how i beat a C-6 and C-5 Corvette same day different times like a few minutes after the C-6 guy didnt know how to shift properly and ended up stalling the C-5 driver was a little better but not good enuff :) those were the first 2 cars i ever raced in my 2004 Mustang and the funny thing was i wasnt really trying lol i was messing with them because i knew they wouldnt stand a chance if i was trying i would have some how beat them off the line and whooped them but i wanted to make them have a sence of joy for like 3 seconds lol well the C-5 at least the C-6 deserved a better driver lol see it really isnt a matter of horsepower in a car (well that does matter some) but its not everything if you have high torque and balanced Horsepower you can stand up against almost anything well i hope this will help you in the future of Corvettes and other cars in general :)
-04Black40th

·
Registered
42 Posts
raptorv22 said:
Yes.

Well, it certainly doesn't help that where my car is right now in terms of modification, it looks like a GT clone. But yes.

I never really race, there's really no point in a stock v6 racing a corvette :) Only time I've ever raced was against a camaro SS, just because, well, it was sort of obligatory. Gotta keep the feud going. I lost, of course, but *****- this car flew. Got to the light and he told me with a grin that he had several mods under the hood. When I laughed and told him I was running a 6, I think it kind of killed his steam.
lol very nice :) good job on that one :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
04Black40th said:
... on the other hand in a standard car you do almost the same thing except it involves a clutch and perfect timing what you do is shift gears than slam the gas pedal to the floor and pull off the clutch really fast thus making it seem as if you doubled up on the clutch thus called a double clutch...
That's not even close to being a double clutch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kohaku said:
That's not even close to being a double clutch.
that may be true all i know is thats what a friend told me that i was doing lol i didnt know what double clutching is so i really had no choice but to take his word for it lol :) thanks for informing me about that :) sorry if i seemed like i knew what i was talking about lol i can see i still have a lot to learn (even tho i knew that lol) but thanks for correcting me :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts