Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Mustang GT convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 GT, just over 90k miles. I had her since 2011 when she only had 4300 miles. Garage kept and well maintained. The blower fan began to have intermittent issues. The symptom was acting like it would not spin until the fan speed was adjusted back and forth. Now the fan doesn't spin at all. I did the shotgun approach to correcting the issue by replacing the resistor, fan motor, relay and fuses. I have pulled the passenger kick panel off and looked at the 40 pin connector. No corrosion, the car has seen rain but lives in the garage (washed when needed). As of this writing the fan connector gets power and the ground is working as expected as well. The only thing I have not looked at is the fan speed switch itself (switch and not resistor, resistor replaced). That area of the car has not be apart since I have owned her. I do not understand how the fan connector can have power and the fan not spin. I have not found any one with a similar symptom. I am looking for help. I have been testing and retesting for the past week and have know ideas.

·
Administrator
13,300 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tested the original fan and the new fan on the bench. Both operate with the 12 volt source.

Has anyone heard of SSM 48070, I have just discovered it but can't find the symptoms from someone else experiencing the fan not working.

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS! @watsodr
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Please keep us posted.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solved, replaced the fan speed switch, the one that adjusts the fan from 1 to 4. My best guess is the switch was causing the resistance to be so great that the fan would not turn on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts