Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my baby in for something more... economical? Not that I wanted to, I just need a few more years under my belt to wise up so I don't kill myself! I was getting out of control with all the speed and power, so I punished myself. I'm slowly coping.. but it's been a really rough process. :(

Just wanted to thank you all for all the awesome advice and tidbits. Made car ownership a wholeeeee lot easier!

I'm sure I'll be back one day, though. 2014 is looking like a good year -- should be plenty of time to cool my heels! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Its understandable, the new Focus is a very nice car. I wouldn't mind picking one up for a DD, or perhaps the new Elantra which is pretty cool too.

Bye! :wavey

·
Registered
635 Posts
Traded my baby in for something more... economical? Not that I wanted to, I just need a few more years under my belt to wise up so I don't kill myself! I was getting out of control with all the speed and power, so I punished myself. I'm slowly coping.. but it's been a really rough process. :(

Just wanted to thank you all for all the awesome advice and tidbits. Made car ownership a wholeeeee lot easier!

I'm sure I'll be back one day, though. 2014 is looking like a good year -- should be plenty of time to cool my heels! :)
Nice econobox. I am looking at next year's Mazda 3 with the new Sky DI motor as a DD beater to replace my Honda beater. :gringreen

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sorry to see you go.

On another note, guess I'm one of the few with my 5.0 as my DD beater? lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 5.0 is my daily driver but I also garage her whenever I'm home. My true garage queen is my '66 which only goes out in warm clear weather.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

I've been at this point myself, once going from a 5 speed V8 Camaro to a Honda Civic Hatchback. And I imagine we'll be seeing you back again sometime. Once FAST is in your blood it's hard to ever be free of it. :gringreen

Does your Focus do that cool self-parking itself trick? :winks

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
As far as I know my GT is going to take over from 2009 V6 as a year-round DD too. At least you're in Florida where there's no snow. :winks

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sad to see someone go but the new Focus is nice, too. Makes the Civic SI look stupid IMO. I just picked up a 99 civic for a winter dd and boy do I wish I had not got rid of my SVT Focus. The civic is hard to work on.

You gonna turbo the Focus?:banana: You at least have to be able to still kill rice!

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I'm surprised I'm not in jail yet. I have tickets though. I know exactly what you mean. Been wondering if I shouldn't have gone with a Honda Civic myself. But...I'll knuckle down and practice more of the granny crawl in my Pony. Enjoy your sensible new car! :shigrin Ahhhhh...for want of a REAL back seat...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Take it easy! Hopefully you'll be back in the mustang game with time!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Should have got a 3.7! Everyone knows they're girly rental cars.;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey don't feel bad, my DD daily driver is a 2004 Hyundai Accent 2dr hatch. This was my wifes car before we got married. When we had our daughter we traded and she got my Honda Ridgeline. The new Focus looks like a nice car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can always look forward to upgrading to the RS 500 down the road if they ever bring it to the US...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.