Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a kid working at McDonalds so you have an idea of my income.
I worked 4 years all through high school and just got a used 2007 Mustang.
I got it so cheap I have extra money to spend. I have gotten so many ideas and results looking through these forums. So, can anyone suggest the best bang for the buck way to make my v6 go faster for the cheapest price. Thanks as any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend.
You could get a CAI with a tune for around 500.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
the JLT CAI and SCT X3 Tuner really woke me up, i went with a 93 octane tune

·
Registered
769 Posts
search on ebay you'll find a CAI that does not need a tune ,for less than 100 .and yes it will make a sound diffrence when, xclr8

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
search on ebay you'll find a CAI that does not need a tune ,for less than 100 .and yes it will make a sound diffrence when, xclr8
Except you will be losing out on about Half of the HP potential of a tuned CAI.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Don't forget exhaust, you can get a gt take off for around 50 bucks and it will really make a difference with sound and all a little power. After that, a cai/tuner combo is your best bet.

·
Registered
962 Posts
a good CAI and a tune will be a wowee,a single GT style muffler another grin and if its a stick a short throw shifter will put you right there.
these are fairly basic must haves,after that the $$$ are the limit

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
This is what i did,
first do the exhaust upgrade, single GT will do but you will love dual exhaust so its up to you how much to spend for look and sound because a good single will give you the same HP gain as dual.
second try to find a good CAI, i got my C&L from a forum member cheap and bought my SCT X3 from ebay cheap too but you have to search for a while to get a good deal.
After that buy either Bama or Tillman race tune, i went 91 because thats the highest octane in my town.
Those are the basics, now you should do the gears/Tlock which will cost around 600-700 with installation or buy a GT take off 8.8 around a 1000g which will cost more but is good investment if you are thinking Turbo or Supercharger.

·
Registered
420 Posts
you will notice the gears the most.

·
Registered
781 Posts
#1 CAI with tuner

#2 Gears 3.73 or 4.10

#3 duel exhaust

do those 3 and uve got a highly improved ride!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The single GT muffler is great sounding and is cheap.

·
Registered
751 Posts
#1 CAI with tuner

#2 Gears 3.73 or 4.10

#3 duel exhaust

do those 3 and uve got a highly improved ride!
Those are not exactly fast and cheap.

The cheapest mod that is worth while is a set of GT-take offs. For under 90 bucks you can have two mufflers that perform and sound better. Install the right one and when you have the cash to go duals all you'll need is the piping done (and some bumper modifications)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.