Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to update with pics or links to photo's of my car but keep getting a error, how do you guys get pics up? I have them uploaded to photobucket

M

·
0 Posts
You can't link from Photobucket... we need images uploaded to our site directly... we get penalized if you end up moving them or deleting your PB account....

When you go to post a new thread click on "Manage Attachments" and pick photos to upload....

Make sure your images are less than 1 meg each... :bigthumbsup

Report back! Let us know how you made out!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't link from Photobucket... we need images uploaded to our site directly... we get penalized if you end up moving them or deleting your PB account....

When you go to post a new thread click on "Manage Attachments" and pick photos to upload....

Make sure your images are less than 1 meg each... :bigthumbsup

Report back! Let us know how you made out!!!
Same error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /chroot/home/allfordm/allfordmustangs.com/html/forums/includes/functions_search.php on line 196

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M

·
0 Posts
OK.... they're .jpgs? Right? (just double checking!!) lol

Eventhough we have a 1 mg limit... sometimes, if you lover the size - to say 600k it works....

Now if it doesn't do it - I am stumped and I'd ask you to email me a photo so I can test and diagnose on this end...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Right click the file, select Open With, pull down the list, and select "Paint" (microsoft paint program).

Then select "Image", and hit Attributes.

This screen allows you to size it as you like.

Needless to say, this is using the simplest programs most folks have on their computers. If you have a photo editor like Photoshop, you can do a lot more, but the instructions are more complex.

If you have further troubles sizing the file, let me know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right click the file, select Open With, pull down the list, and select "Paint" (microsoft paint program).

Needless to say, this is using the simplest programs most folks have on their computers. If you have a photo editor like Photoshop, you can do a lot more, but the instructions are more complex.

Was talking more about 'space' not actual size, but ill see if this cuts down how 'big' the file is

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Cut them to PNG instead of JPEG, this cut them down to a little over 600k each. Ill go try it now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are now: Jpeg's under 200k each, 1024 x 7whatever and same error

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I am going to try uploading a few jpgs and see if I get the error.

Be right back...

Just did 2, no problem.

I would suggest you try logging off, shutting down your computer, then cranking back up and trying again. Don't open any other programs other than your internet browser before you try uploading the pics.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You could probably send any of us those pictures and we could work something on them for you. Where were you wanting them, your gallery?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could probably send any of us those pictures and we could work something on them for you. Where were you wanting them, your gallery?

Still having issues, but yeah my gallery. Just realized I gotta clip the plates out of them anyway :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /chroot/home/allfordm/allfordmustangs.com/html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 3278

M

·
0 Posts
Did you ever send those files to me?? I'll need those to troubleshoot your problem.... check your PMs and email a few photos to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I just read the error message carefully, and it MIGHT be referring to having a problem handling a 16 bit image (standard would be 8 bit, of course). Not sure how our system looks at such things, but it would be something to check.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.