Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this topic has been on the forums before but i'm curious to see what music everybody listening to when cruisin/killin whatever you call it.

for me it is hands down Def Leopard- Pour Some Sugar On Me.:strut

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the sounds of my car so I can hear if anything starts to become FUBAR.
or barney the dinosaurs theme song

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
sandstorm by DaRude . 7 minutes of " fast lane driveing " I also like .., pure some sugar on me and just about any song that has a good beat to it or you would hear in a dance club . I must admit tho , I have been listening to the Laffy Taffy lately . ANd Yeah , I like to jam LOUD . Age is a state of mind .

·
Registered
18 Posts
PANTERA!!!!!! Dude hands down the song Walk by Pantera. . .bad ass as hell. . .also go with 5 Minutes alone by Pantera. . .yeeeeah

·
Registered
315 Posts
either disturbed or eazy E ,,,,, makes me feel oh so fast and furious ! :hihi:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I listen to all types of music but for heavy metal,AC/DC..Rythym and blues,Earth Wind and Fire..C&W,Allison Kruass,Nickel Creek and I like to hear some Jimi Hendrix every now and then.Its all good but mostly kills some time on long trips.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh it's got to have a good beat to it...like...I Can't Drive 55....AC/DC - Moneytalks/Who made who/TNT...etc...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Korn's first album is awesome to listen to because it was before all of their music became totally digitally mastered and they sound very original. Also, i have a fat system and they have some huge bass hits. Good to drive to for sure. Also have to jam to Roll another joint by Tom Petty, and can't forget Move ***** by Ludacris!

Just kidding about ludacris!

·
Registered
65 Posts
sometimes I go oldschool and pop in a eagles cd. But others, i just listen to whatever i can relate to like linkin park, nickelback, 3 doors down, and the song Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers

·
Registered
358 Posts
Joe Bonamassa, Aerosmith, Jefferson Airplane, Joe Satriani, Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Southern Blues ROCK!!! AWSOME

·
Registered
473 Posts
ixtlan said:
Joe Bonamassa, Aerosmith, Jefferson Airplane, Joe Satriani, Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Southern Blues ROCK!!! AWSOME
Just picked up a Joe Bonamassa CD a couple of weeks ago - Blues Deluxe. He was recommended to me by the owners of a little music shop in Blue Ridge, Georgia. Put simply, the second track (Burning Hell) makes me speed.

For driving fast, I like just about anything from Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura, Iron Maiden, older Metallica (especially their remake of the Queen song 'Stone Cold Crazy')...you get the picture. Billy Idol's 'White Wedding' and 'Rebel Yell' also make for good 'go fast' music and his Blue Highway is one of my favorite driving songs.

For just cruisin' or on a long trip I like slower blues, bluegrass, folk, Celtic and stuff like Grant Lee Buffalo, The Jeezus and Mary Chain (yeah, I know I spelled it wrong - the correct spelling gets censored), The Church and The BoDeans and bands like The Clash and The Ramones. I've really liked both of Shooter Jennings albums so far and most of his stuff works well for driving. Hank Williams, Sr. and Dwight Yoakam work well on back roads in the cooler weather when I can have the windows down, just enjoying the countryside. Sometimes some Classical is in order, in which case I like the composers who did 'big' sounds like Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Wagner, and so on. The Conan the Barbarian soundtrack by Basil Poledouris is also a good one.

Basically, I enjoy most music (although I don't care for most gangsta' rap, but I also don't really consider that music, just a bunch of yelling and corny, forced rhymes over a bunch of sampled music that shows other people's talent.) I've got XM and listen to it a lot and am currently in the process of transferring all of my CDs to my iPod Video so I can have them all in one convenient package. Of course, sometimes I have to turn the music off and just enjoy the sound of the Mustang.

·
Registered
358 Posts
JB02GT said:
Just picked up a Joe Bonamassa CD a couple of weeks ago - Blues Deluxe. He was recommended to me by the owners of a little music shop in Blue Ridge, Georgia. Put simply, the second track (Burning Hell) makes me speed.
The CD to get is "So it Like That".
Totally Awsome CD.
Mostly Southern Rock/Blues.
My favorites on it are
Under the Radar, Takin the Hit, Mountain Time, Pain and Sorrow.
Cruz and Speed tunes to the MAX!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
*****! *****! *****!

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow it won't let me say Jes us... weird... i'm leaving now, that's jus gay

·
Registered
473 Posts
ixtlan said:
The CD to get is "So it Like That".
Totally Awsome CD.
Mostly Southern Rock/Blues.
My favorites on it are
Under the Radar, Takin the Hit, Mountain Time, Pain and Sorrow.
Cruz and Speed tunes to the MAX!!!!
Have you heard anything off Bonamassa's new one (entitled: You and Me) that was just released?

Also, almost forgot to mention Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals. Harper's talent for different sounds and styles is amazing!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sonic 7412 said:
PANTERA!!!!!! Dude hands down the song Walk by Pantera. . .bad ass as hell. . .also go with 5 Minutes alone by Pantera. . .yeeeeah
My favorite is F****** Hostile. I saw White Zombie (when basically no one knew who they were - La Sexorcisto was fresh out and had gotten zero radio play at that point) open for Pantera in a place called Club 321 in Nashville. It was a converted warehouse. By 'converted', I pretty much mean they had put a stage in, and restrooms, but not much else. Was still pretty much a warehouse - no seats or anything. A few risers for people in the back to stand on so they could see. I spent Pantera's entire set in the mosh pit - right next to the stage. The most amazing song to see live was, probably, Cemetary Gates because Anselmo actually hit every one of those notes and held them just as long as in the studio version - no electronic trickery involved!

·
Registered
358 Posts
JB02GT said:
Have you heard anything off Bonamassa's new one (entitled: You and Me) that was just released?

I have the album..
Bridge to Better Days is Awsome.
It is more Blues Blues than Southern Rock though.
I prefer the rough stuff myself.
Next Stevie Ray in my opinion.

·
Registered
473 Posts
ixtlan said:
I have the album..
Bridge to Better Days is Awsome.
It is more Blues Blues than Southern Rock though.
I prefer the rough stuff myself.
Next Stevie Ray in my opinion.
I think I actually prefer his Bluesy stuff to the more 'Southern Rock' stuff, but that is probably due to my getting so burned out on 'Southern Rock' in the 80s. For years around here the only radio station that didn't play Top 40 crap, Twang-pop (top 40 crap posing as Country), or light rock (elevator music posing as top 40 crap) pretty much played Classic Rock and Southern Rock. The Classic/Southern Rock station was the only one I could stomach, but they played the same few songs over and over even though a band (Led Zepplin, for instance) might have several albums worth of music. Also, the same six Lynyrd Skynyrd songs (Free Bird, Tuesday's Gone, That Smell, Gimme Back My Bullets, Saturday Night Special and Gimme Three Steps) must have all been in twice a day rotation for at least twenty years and they seemed to want to play a Bob Seger song every fifteen minutes. To this day, I can't stand Bob Seger.

There were no Blues stations (only tired, old R&B in the rotation on the light rock station), no Bluegrass stations, nothing like that and the only time I got to listen to anything on the radio that excited me was at home on the occasions that I could pick up a station from a small technical college in Chattanooga - an hour away. They played 'College Rock' - They Might Be Giants, Dead Kennedys, Guadalcanal Diary, Violent Femmes, The Cure, Joy Division, etc. and had one hour every night where I could actually hear stuff like Slayer, Black Flag, The Misfits and Suicidal Tendencies on the radio. There is a little more variety in our local radio now (very little), but all I can say is that I think XM is one of the greatest inventions of all time!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I understand the radio thing well.
I rarly listen to the radio for that reason. When I do it is a news station or talk radio. Same Ol Thing over and over and over.
When was the last time you could call in a request that actually got played that wasnt on that "Drone List" they have?
Hasnt been for decades around my parts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
ixtlan said:
I understand the radio thing well.
I rarly listen to the radio for that reason. When I do it is a news station or talk radio. Same Ol Thing over and over and over.
When was the last time you could call in a request that actually got played that wasnt on that "Drone List" they have?
Hasnt been for decades around my parts.
Don't know - last few times I tried (over a decade ago) I couldn't get through because there are always a bunch of Yahoos who just have to have their 15 minutes of fame by calling in and then getting into some moronic conversation with the DJ. Heck, with all the commercials and mind-numbing morning shows, mid-day shows and 'drive home' shows on regular broadcast radio, you'd think it was all talk radio. If I want music, I want music, not some washed-up disc jockey rehashing the same old, tired jokes that he has bored us with for the past twenty years - or some shock-jock wannabe and his idiotic crew doing everything but entertaining me. The last request I called in that actually got played was, oh, I don't know - probably late '80s. I even remember what it was - Bob Dylan's original version of Knockin' on Heaven's Door (it was when the Guns and Roses 'bootleg' version - not the studio version they later did - was so popular.) The DJ was shocked to find out that any of his callers actually knew that Bob Dylan was the one who originally did that song. They had it, but he had to go looking for it and dig it out.

The only station with any originality around here - the only one worth a crap - is WDVX. They play bluegrass, classic country and 'alternative' country (Drive-By Truckers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Steve Earle, etc.) mostly. There is also a blues show on (I think) Friday nights and a few other, more eclectic shows really late at night. They actually have web streaming of their broadcast, if you were ever interested. They have sponsors who get blurbs on the air but don't do any full-blown commercials, even though they are not a Public Radio station. Truth be told, though, I rarely even listen to them since I got XM.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.