Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in installing a Stage 1 Competition Trunk Mounted Water Methanol Injection System with dual nozzels from ASI. I want to cool down the air temps during the summer when running at the track (losing half second in the qtr). Motor is stock with P-1SC Intercooled system. Big Daddy Performance will be doing the install and tuning. Looking for personal experiences (good\bad\whatever) using Water Methanol System.... Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
AIS is good stuff. I'd run a 12 gal/hr nozzle just prior to the TB. I've been running an AIS kit for two years.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
It's a good kit and an easy install. As for mixture, I'd suggest using -20* washer fluid and a couple bottles of Heet (yellow bottle) per tank full.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you have to get your car tuned for it? Or are you running just enough Methanol mix to cool down the air?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Did you have to get your car tuned for it? Or are you running just enough Methanol mix to cool down the air?
You can run it without additional tuning. I dyno tuned mine and was able to add an additional 4* of timing on pump gas.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I try and keep my race stuff as simple as absolutely possible for obvious reasons. If I were in your shoes I would be looking at running a larger intercooler and/or doing a lot of underhood anti heat soak processes to solve your issues. Cost would be about the same and they are passive systems which is much more preferable than active systems when it comes to potential problems.

Good luck.:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.