Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I just bought my first mustang yesterday... I love it already has mods and everything on it and i have no idea what they are what any of it does brand new to cars... There is one problem i have when i hit about 50+ then slow down when it hits about 35 it has a pretty bad kick to it. Pain in the butt

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I just bought my first mustang yesterday... I love it already has mods and everything on it and i have no idea what they are what any of it does brand new to cars... There is one problem i have when i hit about 50+ then slow down when it hits about 35 it has a pretty bad kick to it. Pain in the ass
is it an automatic? I think it should downshift right around 35.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Can you provide some details on the car (year, type of transmission, mileage) and more details on yours issue? The more we know, the more we can help you out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is it tuned? If it is, the shift points/ firmness is probably altered, so it may shift and downshift harder than normal.

·
Administrator
8,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new ride. Like others said give us a little more info and maybe we can help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Info

The car is a 2001 it has 125,000 miles on it he got a new air system in it and a bran new battery in it. I believe it is the downshift on it but why would it is very irritating for it to have such a hard jerk to it. He installed mods on it there is a chip for settings 1,2,and 3 dont know anything about that stuff really but have a cheat sheet thing that i dont understand at all.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Since it is an auto and a chip is installed, most likely the shift firmness and shift points are changed from how it came from the factory. If you really don't like how it shifts than I recommend removing the chip. Or keep it on the mildest tune the chip has.

I would also begin educating yourself on that cheat sheet the seller provided. Or get a trusted mechanic to explain it to you.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
maybe you should share this cheat sheet with us, we might be able to help you understand it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts