Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 4 weeks I have my 306 in, and should finish this Saturday, I have a few questions on vacuum lines and belt routing.
I eliminated the a/c with fms bracket and put a smog pump delete pulley on, I wanted to make sure what the correct routing would be.

2nd, what vacuum line needs to be plugged since the smog pump is gone? I belive it is one of the ones under the upper intake but didn't know if there was another one too.

Thanks for your help again.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
The vacuum line that runs from under the upper intake goes to your charcoal cannister (charcoal cannister hangs from the frame rail on the passenger side between your front sway bar an the radiator) if you eliminated the charcoal cannister then you can plug that vacuum line.
You have the TAB & TAD along with the EVR that is on the back side of the passenger side strut tower, if you've eliminated your smog they you'll need to cap those also.
Your EGR valve will need a vacuum source unless you've eliminated that also? If not you can pull a vacuum line from the bottom of the upper intake to operate the EGR valve.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so close, but ran out of time on Saturday to finish.

I have another question:
Where do I connect the coolant line that comes off the hard line on the coolant rail?

Just have my short throm shifter to install, fill the tranny, change the rear end fluid, fuel pump, and radiator to finish up. Can't wait to hear it run!

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, it is the little tube that comes off the heater core lines, it points straight up, that must be the EGR spacer hook up? I don't remember that being hooked up before, should it be? or can it be capped?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
If you have the EGR spacer then you'll need to hook the hose up to the spacer, if you don't have the spacer then you need to cap the the upright hose fitting on the heater tube.

It is a possibility that someone ran the small hose from the upright fitting on the heater tube to the fitting on the lower intake near the rear on the passanger side bypassing the EGR Spacer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts