Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help here. I am looking to get a CAI for my 2010 V6, but I have only seen one option I think from AmericanMuscle. I see that there are a lot of options for 2005-2009 v6's all over the place.

The engine is identical, but the body is 100% new for 2010 so if I bought one for 2009 what modifications would be required?

I have also heard a lot of good things about SCT Tuners, is this worth the money? And forgive my stupidity but the 93 tune everyone talks about, I assume requires 93 octane gas?!? So does this mean I need to have 93 octane gas all the time even when using the other tunes?

Thanks to all in advance:worship

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey i have a 2010 V6 Mustang too and i had the same questions before i got my CAI and Tuner too. I decided to go with the Stage 2 MMR CAI that i bought off of V6 mustang stuff .com, and then i got the tune from AM which is the 93 race tune which DOES require 93 GASOLINE any thing lower than that would cause problems, same goes with all other octane tunes, i would sugesst running half a tank of 93 threw before putting the tune on just to make sure.:bigthumbsup

Also back to the CAI i would recommend either MMR, JLT, or K&N i would stay away from BBK though just my personal preference but i have heard of problems with those. My MMR Stage 2 Took me about 30 min to put on, becarefull though if you order the MMR stage 1 all you get is the filter and MAFS housing, the stage 2 comes with the complete CAI tube and everything for like 250. here is a link to the MMR CAI Page the stage 2 is the one on the bottom .
2010 Mustang Air Intake Systems at V6MustangStuff.com

With the tuner and the CAI there will be a night and day difference trust me we have the same car and when i got this i almost [email protected] my pants lol you will squell the tires on acident sometimes lol:bigthumbsup

THe tuner and the CAI is a MUST buy once agian thought stick with a high brand CAI like MMR, JLT, [email protected] and a high brand tune like from AM with the BAMA tune.

Welp good luck and let us know how it goes:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks man I appreciate your help! Also I see you have the FRPP true duals, are you happy with them? and are they worth $1000? I am going to put true duals on and I like the way the frpp's sound on YouTube, just dont know if I want to spend that kind of money when I can get true duals from newtakeoff for around 400 shipped

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey i have a 2010 V6 Mustang too and i had the same questions before i got my CAI and Tuner too. I decided to go with the Stage 2 MMR CAI that i bought off of V6 mustang stuff .com, and then i got the tune from AM which is the 93 race tune which DOES require 93 GASOLINE any thing lower than that would cause problems, same goes with all other octane tunes, i would sugesst running half a tank of 93 threw before putting the tune on just to make sure.:bigthumbsup

Also back to the CAI i would recommend either MMR, JLT, or K&N i would stay away from BBK though just my personal preference but i have heard of problems with those. My MMR Stage 2 Took me about 30 min to put on, becarefull though if you order the MMR stage 1 all you get is the filter and MAFS housing, the stage 2 comes with the complete CAI tube and everything for like 250. here is a link to the MMR CAI Page the stage 2 is the one on the bottom .
2010 Mustang Air Intake Systems at V6MustangStuff.com

With the tuner and the CAI there will be a night and day difference trust me we have the same car and when i got this i almost [email protected] my pants lol you will squell the tires on acident sometimes lol:bigthumbsup

THe tuner and the CAI is a MUST buy once agian thought stick with a high brand CAI like MMR, JLT, [email protected] and a high brand tune like from AM with the BAMA tune.

Welp good luck and let us know how it goes:bigthumbsup

I don't know if there is a problem using an 05-09 CAI on your '10. Some manufacturers produce a heatshield that attaches to the body of the car. As the body of the car has changed, the attachment points might not line up.

Also. There isnt anything wrong with BBK's CAI per se'. Just dont be fooled that it doesnt need a tune. Technically it doesnt. But if, you dont, it WILL throw a code.

Pypes True Duals sound good. With an tune and CAI it will sound even better.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jlawrence613, I was hoping to hear that! The way I see it is I can get the true duals $400, bbk cold air $200, and SCT tuner $379 all totaling $979 vs the FRPP kit that they are asking 1100+ that doesnt have a cai kit only k&n filter, but does have rear gt valance, and some ford tuner.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thanks jlawrence613, I was hoping to hear that! The way I see it is I can get the true duals $400, bbk cold air $200, and SCT tuner $379 all totaling $979 vs the FRPP kit that they are asking 1100+ that doesnt have a cai kit only k&n filter, but does have rear gt valance, and some ford tuner.
No prob.

The mods you mentioned are the EXACT ones I've got on my '07. I'm not sure if there is ANY difference in our engines, but I figured the least I can do is get a soundclip up for you to hear. Stay tuned for that. Hopefully, someone with an FRPP set up will do the same for you to compare. I'm sure Youtube has a TON of clips, but since I've got exactly what youre tyring to get, I'll let you hear mine.
Keep in mind I've got Chris Rose's AM 93 Race Tune loaded.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No prob.

The mods you mentioned are the EXACT ones I've got on my '07. I'm not sure if there is ANY difference in our engines, but I figured the least I can do is get a soundclip up for you to hear. Stay tuned for that. Hopefully, someone with an FRPP set up will do the same for you to compare. I'm sure Youtube has a TON of clips, but since I've got exactly what youre tyring to get, I'll let you hear mine.
Keep in mind I've got Chris Rose's AM 93 Race Tune loaded.

That would be a great help! :worship

I have heard so many damn sound clips on YouTube It is confusing because everyone has a different set up! Also some sound too riced out for me to ever consider! :nono:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Trust me the FRPP Dual exhaust set up is worth the money, i didnt think that it would but when i got it put on i was blown away. There is no other Dual exhaust system that compares to this one for the 2010 v6. You must get this FRPP Dual exhaust for your 2010 v6 or you will be missing out. Everything i said would be backed up by anyone else who has this on their car.

Trust me GET the FORD RACING DUAL EXHAUST you will not be dissipointed, plus it is made to last for a very long time.:bigthumbsup

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,579 Posts
Or get the Left Mid-Pipe ($86.00 From Ford), Pypes X-Pipe ($115 From AM) and a couple of GT500 Take off mufflers ($53.99 off of Ebay) and you will have the money to get the GT or GT500 Rear Valance :bigthumbsup

BTW I do have a Merchant Discount at a dealer, The Mid Pipe is 119 I think but can be got at a couple of Ford online websites for 95 I think.

·
Registered
585 Posts
your exhaust note will sound X10 better if you have a tune, especially the 93 race tune from AM. :bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.