Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, as the title hints im looking at my 1st build and have a "few" questions. i would like to know about how much it would cost. i know its hard to tell if you cant see it for your self or even have pictures but i will try and give you as much info as i can.

i found a car next to my work which i think is a 64 coupe. inspection sticker says 3/99. front ends been stripped for parts and almost everything under the hoods gone. has a complete (from what i saw) 302. i dident see a carb but i dono much about cars and only took a quick look (2 mins max at the whole car) auto tranny gear shift was visable and none of the glass is broke. both trunk and hood look ok but they arent bolted to the hinges. both front sides have some rust where the hood would rest. black leather interior would probly need to be redone passanger side seats shot.

i asked the guy how much he wanted for it as is and he said 500. i dont want a racer or anything fancy i just want a car that looks and runs great.

just by guessing im thinking about 5,000$... i will be doing all the work my self/with the help of a friend. except for paint and reapulstering the seats.

·
Registered
682 Posts
So where's the question?
I'll guess and just throw some what-sh!t costs #s out there in case that's what your asking:

$1200 for a completely new interior and related pieces, DIY. $250 for a DIY performance rebuild on a C4 auto $3k for a DIY performance rebuild on a 302. $3k (getting off cheap) for paint. $800 DIY frontend rebuild & $200 steering box rebuild. $250 for new springs About $600 for a posi pumpkin with perf. gears, and a few hundered more to do the rest of the rear. $200+ for new lines and a gastank. $500 front disc swap. That's not at all specific, may not be right for what that car needs, and isn't by any means all inclusive, but is truly realistic.
HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.