Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite. so i finally figured out my plans for the 5.0.

i decieded this week that im done doing any appearance mods until christmas when i order my new wheels and tires so at the end of this week, hopefully ill be able to order an o.r h pipe and headers and then ill be done with engine and exhaust for a while too. ill probobly try running the engine stock through highschool to get used to it and then do an all out engine build.

i plan on spending my money for the rest of the year on suspension. im going to do a roadracing/street setup. we dont have dragstrips around here so i wont be dragracing it and there are a lot of windy roads so a corner carving suspension would probobly be best. i plan on starting with full length subframes and continuing with upper/lower control arms, and new c.c plates/shocks/struts/springs. that should make my help my car handle a little better cause right now it handles like a gocart. later on in the summer if i save up enough money, ill probobly put on a panhard bar, strut tower brace, kmember brace, and new swaybars.

now for questions.
-what is the difference between adjustable and nonadjustable control arms? do the adjustables make much of a difference because i dont know how to adjust them.
-is there anything that would help my car handle better that i missed?

when i start ordering parts, ill probobly start a thread to keep you guys updated.

R

·
0 Posts
since there are no dragstrips you are just going to build a car to drive like a manic on the

there are a lot of windy roads so a corner carving suspension would probobly be best.
Not the smartest thing to do......:nono:

Road racing & drag racing should only done at a sanctioned track.....

If you really want to to race getting to a track is very easy thing to do......

The desire should outweigh the distance needed to get there.....

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since there are no dragstrips you are just going to build a car to drive like a manic on the

Not the smartest thing to do......:nono:

Road racing & drag racing should only done at a sanctioned track.....

If you really want to to race getting to a track is very easy thing to do......

The desire should outweigh the distance needed to get there.....
i am not going to drive like some of the other idiots out there. im not going to spend every penny i make on the car for 4 years only to crash it and loose it all. im not like some of the other morons out there. just because this is how i am going to build my car doesnt mean that im going to drive it fast and fly around corners like everybody imagines that us high schoolers do, were not all imature and we dont all act like idiots. so please dont assume anything, ive never met you before and youve never met me so dont judge that because im a kid with a 5.0 that im going to go a billion and a half mph down the highway putting other's lives in danger.

my aunt died because of some kid fooling around in a car accident a few years back. she was on the highway doing the speed limit and some kid in an eclipse was doing about 95mph was trying to cut in and out of cars. he tried to cut in front of the car in the lane next to my aunts car, went around that car, but rear ended my aunt. both cars went off the road and all involved were killed in the accident. i remember how i felt when i found out so thats why im not going to drive like an idiot.

i feel that a roadracing suspension setup would be best because i do live in an area with a lot of windy roads and i would rather not loose control of the car going around a corner and crash it. i want to build this car right the first time so i dont have to spend money to do it over, thats why i ask for help alot on here. id rather ask a lot of questions about different things so that i can learn what parts would be best and what parts to stay away from.

so i guess the point of this post reg is dont judge a book by its cover. just because im a kid and im going to be driving a car with a v8 doesnt mean ill be fooling around with it. everybodys different. sure some people drive their cars around way over the speed limit putting others in danger, but others wouldnt dare to go anywhere over the speed limit.

i mean i really appreciate all your help, but if you just going to assume that im going to drive like an idiot and fly around corners when i ask for suggestions on something and scold me for building my suspension to handle the roads that im going to be driving on, id rather not post at all.

R

·
0 Posts
there are a lot of windy roads so a corner carving suspension would probobly be best

See the above you said it not me.......

Miss Cleo doesn't work here anymore.....

So your corner carving statement was taken at face value......

THE END......

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See the above you said it not me.......

Miss Cleo doesn't work here anymore.....

So your corner carving statement was taken at face value......

THE END......
when i said cornercarving, i ment i want a suspension that is setup for going around corners. i want something that can handle a corner like chip foose can design cars. sorry for the misunderstanding then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.