Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well mustangers Tillman's speed shop hooked my stang up just right. All the throttle problems drivability issues have all been eliminated due to a good tune. My hat off to chris for a fantastic job. 486 rwhp.

I know where to go when it's time for 600 plus rwhp tune:gringreen

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal... Travelers had told me that you'd gone down there. Glad it's resolved.
Thanks this forum has been a great help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long did it take you to drive down there?
IT took me 7 hrs to return with tomtom. It was a two stop trip going down. Car was on dyno from noon until 6:30 pm. Lunch break in between. MAFia maf extender presented a problem with air fuel adjustments right from the beginning. Removed it and replaced maf. Things started looking better. One thing I found out that the maf sensor on my procharger is too close to the throttle body. Called procharger, now they're being installed on the intercooler. They're sending the fitting to be welded into my intercooler. I have a master welder to call to do welding, a new intercooler 1k.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where was the MAF senor located?
The maf is located just below throttle body in straight portion of inlet tube. you might see in this pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The maf is located just below throttle body in straight portion of inlet tube. you might see in this pic.
What an odd place... Wonder why they went with a blow through vs a suck through design? Mine is just past the cone filter.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The maf sensor being so close chris was un able to get a smooth elec. signal for idle. Mine had waves in it compared to one that was dead straight. Once I relocate my maf signal should straighten out.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
That sounds good Mike, I'm glad it fixed the issues. When you get it moved give Chris a call, he might have to send you an updated tune. It was great talking with you. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds good Mike, I'm glad it fixed the issues. When you get it moved give Chris a call, he might have to send you an updated tune. It was great talking with you. :bigthumbsup
Drew glad we've met hope to meet again thanks again for Tillmans info. Chris says the tune should be good once maf moved.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Drew glad we've met hope to meet again thanks again for Tillmans info. Chris says the tune should be good once maf moved.
I'm glad we got to talk and you got the car on the right track. That even better that you don't need another tune. :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The maf sensor being so close chris was un able to get a smooth elec. signal for idle. Mine had waves in it compared to one that was dead straight. Once I relocate my maf signal should straighten out.
Will it be relocated before or after the compressor?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will it be relocated before or after the compressor?
After the compressor. The intercooler is located in front of radiator down be hind license plate

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I assume it still needs to be after the intercooler?
According to procharger the sensor goes into the intercooler. Where? I wont know until piece and directions comes. I'll give them a call Tuesday and find out

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.