Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
At lunch today, I took my car in for an estimate on a custom dual setup with my local Tuffy muffler shop (I know the owner), and faster than I could say, "I need a ride back to work," they were actually doing the work! A couple hours later, it was done. Had the bumper installed last June, and I've had the 2nd GT muffler since then, and it's finally in place.

And thanks to Jeff (Jhef30) for the deal on the muffler brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Hmmm. I guess what they say is true: white does make your ass look big.
(Doesn't seem so noticeably big on a white car with stripes or a blackout panel.)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Looks great!!:bigthumbsup I think Ford should have put the GT rear bumper and dual exhaust on all "Pony" optioned V6 Mustangs. It's a pretty sweet sounding V6. In my opinion it sounds more like a V8 than a V6.
I've got my stock GT exhaust sitting in the garage. Just waiting for a deal on a windveil blue GT bumper and then it goes on the wifes Pony.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hmmm. I guess what they say is true: white does make your ass look big.
Yeah...it's the camera angle. I should try to use that excuse about myself, too :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Looks great!!:bigthumbsup I think Ford should have put the GT rear bumper and dual exhaust on all "Pony" optioned V6 Mustangs. It's a pretty sweet sounding V6. In my opinion it sounds more like a V8 than a V6.
I've got my stock GT exhaust sitting in the garage. Just waiting for a deal on a windveil blue GT bumper and then it goes on the wifes Pony.
+1 what was Ford thinking...or not thinking.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Man, you have the patience of a saint. I wouldn't have been able to wait that long.
I'll bet it sounds good.;)

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i would have been able to wait approx the amount of time it takes me to drive to the custom shop :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
+1 what was Ford thinking...or not thinking.
+2 on that one buddy!! Right now I just have the right-hand side GT axleback on, and damn it sounds a LOT better.

At least Ford kept the dual cats and 2.5" exhaust pipes on the sixers....or else going (back!) to duals would cost us a pretty penny (something I haven't seen in a while, mind you)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.