Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ever since I took it off the trailer Ive wanted to lower it. Now have decided to do so. Only gonna do the Eibach Pro Kit and J&M Caster/Camber adj plates. Anyone running that combo with any problems? Want to do this only once and do it right. Any other choices would be welcomed as well. Thanks<Brent

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
adjustable panhard bar is a great idea, it will recenter your rear

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've heard great things about all of the lowering springs. I think brand is more of a personal preference as they all make good springs. (Eibach, H&R, Steeda, Roush, etc) I have the Steeda sports and they aren't as drastic of a drop or crazy stiff ride. (Much stiffer than stock tho) And as hotshot said, the adjustable panhard bar is good idea, especially when lowering over an inch. The pro kit is basically 1.5"... at least it was for my buddy with an 07 GT...and it looks very good. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
572 Posts
I am running the J&M camber plates. They are built to last and very solid but you will feel every bump in the road, since the stock mounts are rubber and have some ability to absorb small vibrations and noise.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If you want to do it right, get struts and shocks because the stockers aren't built to handle most aftermarket springs.

I have that combo and I have no issues. Love the ride. It's not harsh but you can def notice a difference/improvement. Get's rid of a lot of slop that comes with the stock suspension in certain road conditions.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Well ever since I took it off the trailer Ive wanted to lower it. Now have decided to do so. Only gonna do the Eibach Pro Kit and J&M Caster/Camber adj plates. Anyone running that combo with any problems? Want to do this only once and do it right. Any other choices would be welcomed as well. Thanks<Brent
adjustable panhard bar is a great idea, it will recenter your rear
Yep, adjustable panhard bar should be part of the plan! Like this one: 2005-2011 Ford Mustang Pro Street Double Adjustable Pan Hard Bar - UPR Products

If you want to do it right, get struts and shocks because the stockers aren't built to handle most aftermarket springs.
I agree. I think the 10-way adjustable Strange Engineering shocks & struts are a good buy, but there are plenty of nice ones on the market: 2005-2010 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Strut S6003LM - UPR Products

2005-2011 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Shock S6002LM - UPR Products

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the input,I may have to do a little at a time. Wife gave me the OK for $600 since were having 2 of our Bathrooms redone too right now. Guess if I wanted to then i could but might be kind of quiet around the house for a while,lol. Lucky I guess that she gave me the OK for the $600 to replace something thats perfeclt fine when were redoing bathrooms that,well JUST needed new inserts But are getting the total overhaul. Im a happy man though! Brent

Anyone know of any good deals out there on some of this stuff? Missed the American muscle sale the other day,daggone it!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Thanks all for the input,I may have to do a little at a time. Wife gave me the OK for $600 since were having 2 of our Bathrooms redone too right now. Guess if I wanted to then i could but might be kind of quiet around the house for a while,lol. Lucky I guess that she gave me the OK for the $600 to replace something thats perfeclt fine when were redoing bathrooms that,well JUST needed new inserts But are getting the total overhaul. Im a happy man though! Brent

Anyone know of any good deals out there on some of this stuff? Missed the American muscle sale the other day,daggone it!
AM.com has a 5-7% off coupon for AFM members if you msg the dealer in the Marketplace on this site.

I luckily hit it when they had the eibach springs on sale, but i only saved about 20 bucks + the coupon...but it was something.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I believe the UPR Products coupon code for all ford mustangs is a 10% discount. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
We literally just sent out ridiculous deals on Eibach to our email newsletter list. Go sign up! In the mean time, we do offer a discount code (just PM AMStanger for it) for 6% off purchases for being an active AllFordMustangs.com member. If that isn't the cheapest price around (it will be ;) ), no worries... we price match!

The Pro Kit is a really nice set of springs, and offers great ride quality and a huge handling improvement. You'll get rid of the ridiculous factory wheel gap, and notice less nose dive during braking. We have those on most of our vehicles, and a few with J&M caster/camber plates. While the plates aren't 100% necessary, and you can usually get within spec, they're definitely recommended to make your alignment perfect!

Hope this helps! If you have absolutely any questions, feel free to call one of our Mustang experts at the toll free hours and number in my signature below!

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts