·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hp wheel 205 tq 220 hp crank 256 tq crank 275

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
thats actually good with the little mods you have. those things only came with 200 to the crank stock or somewhere around there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ismyour care tuned or is that just intake and exaust, if so that is really good for ur hp

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have an 87 oct tune with my cold air intake and dual exhaust

R

·
0 Posts
CAI, tune, exhaust and you're over 200 rwhp? And you think that's kind of weak? And you're only running 87 gas? You don't know how lucky you are...

What shop did you go too?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Serious dude those are high numbers, if you got long tube headers an x pipe and udp delete plates, what do u guys think he would be about 220 rwhp

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
With what you've got, I'd sure be happy! Had my '05' GT tuned for 87 and had the CAI and got 270 rwhp. Went with the 87 octane because of a trip out West where the good stuff is not always around. I did have them tune it for down low torque and it made a big difference.
Dave

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to dyno comp in scottsdale they said that I didn't need a special tune i will email my self a pic tommarow of dyno results so I can post it on here my phone won't allow me to upload the pic

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow that's a friendly dyno machine :winks my buddy had a 07 v6 with a o/r x and dual exhaust and a 93 race tune and CAI and only ran 186 rwhp consider yours very very good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Keep in mind its a manual. Only 15% or so of the V6s were manual transmission. You will see better dyno numbers with a manual.

Not putting his car down at all, its great numbers. Just saying that most of the V6s (85% or so) are automatics. Most of the dyno numbers you see are through an automatic transmission. You see a greater percentage of loss through an automatic.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Actually they post the HP at 220 stock, but a lot of reviewers say that is a low number. I know that after adding duals, CAI and Tune I knocked off 5 tenths to my 0 - 60, that was self timed. I believe those number you posted, and they are very good IMHO

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
220 at the cramk not at the wheels

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Wow that's a friendly dyno machine :winks my buddy had a 07 v6 with a o/r x and dual exhaust and a 93 race tune and CAI and only ran 186 rwhp consider yours very very good.

You shut your mouth Rob!!!!!! Thats blasphemy!!!

:sadcryIts a very painful memory and I've closed that chapter in life.

To the OP. Those are excellent #'s. On that fateful day, I would have KILLED for those results. IF I were you, I'd go for LongTubes, pulley swap, and premium octane tune. It will be worth it. You may have a V6 freak. I wonder if Kris' car would pull similar numbers.

Next Brothers Dyno Day is in Nov...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got to stay smog legal here in az shorty jba headers and then saving up for some gears and changing the mufflers

R

·
0 Posts
I went to dyno comp in scottsdale
How much did they charge? How long did it take? Did you need an appointment? Anything else worth noting? Maybe I'll run down there soon and show you just how full of crap the rest of our cars really are.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Actually they post the HP at 220 stock, but a lot of reviewers say that is a low number. I know that after adding duals, CAI and Tune I knocked off 5 tenths to my 0 - 60, that was self timed. I believe those number you posted, and they are very good IMHO

I thought the numbers were 210 hp/ 240 tq at the crank?
Auto's loose higher percentage than manuals to the wheels

I have never timed myself 0-60 but the car is definitely quicker with my mods.

Im more interested in seeing what my new 1/4 mile times are. last time I went I only had dual exhaust and ran 15.2 @ 94

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Down here in az at scottsdale only took them 15 min nto get to my car got it on the dyno for like almost an hour only cost me 65 dollars

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I thought the numbers were 210 hp/ 240 tq at the crank?
Auto's loose higher percentage than manuals to the wheels

I have never timed myself 0-60 but the car is definitely quicker with my mods.

Im more interested in seeing what my new 1/4 mile times are. last time I went I only had dual exhaust and ran 15.2 @ 94
No, you're right. The advertised numbers for the 05-10 V6 have always been 210hp 240tq.

The rule of thumb (IMO) has been Manuals lose 15% and Autos ~20% through the drivetrain. I think the Auto has come down a bit to ~18% loss. It SEEMS as if they are becoming more efficient.

I'd imagine you could run a 14.7 or so with your new mods.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow, that's pretty awesome! Makes me wonder what I could get with an actual dyno tune...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
No, you're right. The advertised numbers for the 05-10 V6 have always been 210hp 240tq.

The rule of thumb (IMO) has been Manuals lose 15% and Autos ~20% through the drivetrain. I think the Auto has come down a bit to ~18% loss. It SEEMS as if they are becoming more efficient.

I'd imagine you could run a 14.7 or so with your new mods.
My goal is to beat a friend of mine with an 05 4.0 with an auto, mods the same as mine ran a 14.3 @ 96, only difference is mine is a stick shift. He also has much more track time than I do, and where he can load the torque converter, I left the line at idle. I need to practice my launch at 2500 rpms

1 - 20 of 21 Posts