Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes!!!!! my dad picked up my throttle body on monday, so i get to install it this weekend and then hopefully finish my mass air conversion too. i got a pretty good deal on it though, 120 bucks for the MAC 70mm and EGR spacer. Its 150 on the website, but my dad goes to a dealer in temecula that give pretty good deals (i got my o/r x-pipe and CAI for 200). Anyway now that ive spent all my money from my summer job its back to bumming gas money off of mom until i hopefully get a job at starbucks soon. Then its time for sanding and bodywork so i can repaint it, the paint is chipping right now because we used a crappy primer before and didnt have a paint booth. this time we'll do it right. oh and i have question... on the stock mass air flow sensors there is a screen, is it necesary or can i cut it off to improve air flow a bit? ok thats it.. bye

O

·
0 Posts
The screen in front of the MAF is to stop object's damaging the sensor that may have got past your filter. I have also read that the screen helps stop air turbulence around the MAF sensor so that it gets a better reading. I doubt that removing it will give you a performance boost.

Let me know how the 70mm throttle body goes. I am thinking of doing mine. :cool:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok good to know, i dont think ill remove it then. ya ill update the status when install it this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.