Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I posted a thread. I had this problem with my engine running rich all the time and it cuz the light to come on. I ask everyone here for their input. Sadly, none of the suggestions were correct. Turns out, the problem is the K&N FIPK II. Yep. Once the stock air tube was reinstall, and a stock air filter put in, everything went back to normal. Learned my lesson the hard way. So, anyone wanna buy a used FIPK II? I'll sell it to you really cheap. Hopefully you'll have better luck then me.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
D Un4given said:
It's been a while since I posted a thread. I had this problem with my engine running rich all the time and it cuz the light to come on. I ask everyone here for their input. Sadly, none of the suggestions were correct. Turns out, the problem is the K&N FIPK II. Yep. Once the stock air tube was reinstall, and a stock air filter put in, everything went back to normal. Learned my lesson the hard way. So, anyone wanna buy a used FIPK II? I'll sell it to you really cheap. Hopefully you'll have better luck then me.
Did you disconnect the battery when you installed the K&N?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
D Un4given said:
you'll also have to clean tha MAF post with computer contact cleaner.

Do those two things and try it again. If it doesn't work, you've got an air leak that's throwing off the readings.

spray the entire intake with soapy water until you hear whistling or see bubbles, and seal it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kscoyote said:
you'll also have to clean tha MAF post with computer contact cleaner.

Do those two things and try it again. If it doesn't work, you've got an air leak that's throwing off the readings.

spray the entire intake with soapy water until you hear whistling or see bubbles, and seal it.
Cleaned the MAF and the throttlebody too. I'll try to see if there's a leak somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.