Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a slow leak on my rear-left tire for awhile, but trying to get time to take the car up to dealership has been a pain in the butt. Tried going one Saturday morning 30 mins before they opened, and there were already 10 cars in line.

So this past Saturday, alarm went off at 5:45am, showered and got ready for my attempt. Showed up at 7am, damm snooze button, and I was the first in line. Happy days!

Turns out that the slow leak was caused by a very small screw. No prob. $17 and it was fixed. Got in the car and jammed on home for an awesome day of laundry and other chores around the house. Didn't go anywhere. Cut to next day, heading out to dinner with family. When I go to point out fixed tire to wife, hold the phone.. why does my tire look different and whats this?! Scratches along the wheel itself?! :cursing:

Called the dealership the following day, scheduled to drop off this past Wednesday and see what's what. They admitted they goofed and they would send out for wheel to get fixed, and I mentioned that the tire was backwards. These Pirellis that come stock on '11 GT model have 'ridges' along the wall of the tire facing inside of car, and I didn't want that crap. So dealership said it would be a day, and didn't get to pick it up until this morning. See the car parked outside, go over, and sure enough wheel is repaired, but tire still backwards! 1hr later, and I'm finally out of there.

Morale of the story: Check their work! That was my mistake for not even giving the tire/wheel a glance because I 'trusted' they knew what they were doing. :doh:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Learned a long time back not to trust a dealer to take care of your car or do the job right. It's just another car to them.

I could list a page full of frustration. If you must take your car to them for service be prepared for issues when it comes back. Sad to say more the norm now than exception.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had a slow leak too but took it to discount tire. I was buying a spare their anyway They patched me up and rotated my tires for free. I made an appointment so got in and out in 45 minutes. Gotta love that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any tire place can fix a slow leak for not too much money. The only time I'd use a dealer service shop is for warranty work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a screw in my tire last week and thought the dealer would be the best place to go if something got screwed up. When they brought the car out after repair, I looked at the Brembo wheel and it was scratched. If that wasn't bad enough, the Perelli said inside on the outside. They got the tire on the right way before I left, and this week I took it back for the new wheel. They didn't even suggest a repair, just replaced it. At least they kept me happy.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
its things like this that make me learn more and more about working on my car so i know what to keep an eye out for

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a screw in my tire last week and thought the dealer would be the best place to go if something got screwed up. When they brought the car out after repair, I looked at the Brembo wheel and it was scratched. If that wasn't bad enough, the Perelli said inside on the outside. They got the tire on the right way before I left, and this week I took it back for the new wheel. They didn't even suggest a repair, just replaced it. At least they kept me happy.
Some poor ******* is going to buy a new 5.0 with Brembo's and a scratched Wheel:winks

I took my 5.0 to the dealer I bought it from for its first oil change because the first one was free and figured it would be good for the warranty later, just washed and waxed the car prior and told them don't wash the car it's already been done.
The main reason i didnt want them to do this was they have an automatic wash that's looks like a million strands of 2000lb fishing string turning at 10,000 RPM's and they will scratch the crap out of the clear coat,

Anyway, when they finished I was walking to the car and there was a guy wipeing down my car and when I asked what he was doing, he said they washed the car:doh:
DMF's scratched the crap out of my Black car, yes its legal to carry a concealed weapon here and good thing i didnt have one,
What are they doing with an auto wash like the ones in a gas station that WILL ruin a paint job?.
Needless to say after two attempts for the dealer to correct, ended up taking to a professional detailer and $300 later it's better then new:bigthumbsup and yes I had to pay for it.

OP and all that go to the Dealers for simple repairs and maintenance, Beware!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Go to discount tire for tire issues.

I bought the rim/tire protection thing when I bought my car so I'll be going to the dealer if I have any problems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it to a tire shop, but they quoted me a price for repairing the tire, replacing the TPMS and another charge to tune it.

Next time Discount Tire or bust. Thx guys. :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discount will at least stand by their screw ups. My 96 lincoln(mint condition) went in for balance and rotation and I requested weights on the inside of the wheels. They put them on the outside and one wheel was hammer hit about 6 times where they missed the weight. They could not find a replacement so they sent the wheel to California at a tune of $236. I still go back but watch every move they do. I am sure they are better than some places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.