Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well . . . we finally breached the 400RWHP barrier today. 402RWHP and 361RWTQ on a Mustang Dyno (at about 22% to get Dynojet numbers). And, I just threw down for some Hoosier slicks and Weld Draglites for the track. I'll be running the national time trials at the end of the month. I'll let y'all know how it goes. :happyhapp

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Awesome numbers! :worship

I'm hoping to approach those numbers when I'm finished....like I'm ever finished! :eyepoppin

You are flirting with the 12s. Sounds like a full roll cage is in your future. :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been in the 12s for a while now . . . . on a weak tune and drag radials. My roll 6 point bar is good to 10.0.

My mph is up around 111 with the "safe" tune and 28.8 inch drag radials . . . because my 60 foot times were sucking wind, I was running high 12s instead of mid to low 12s. Now we have the tune right and I have switched to a 26 inch slick. Flirting with 12s? Nope. Gonna go 11s next weekend!! :winks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Lets get a nice launch pic, or vid! Maybe it will make the cover of another mag! I want to see at least a foot of day light under it. Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL . .. I was just ordering my 15X3.5" draglites and skinnies for the front . . . then I'm going out to tune my coilovers in the front for maximum weight transfer. I switched to Lakewod 90/10 drag struts in the front too . . so it should have some "pop" I'm going to try and get some video at the National Time Trials . . . . right now I'm avoiding the temptation of going out to the track today for the dragracingresults.com race . . . . with a $2,000 purse . . . hmmmmmmm. I only made 50 bucks last weekend . . . . :winks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I wish I could go race today! All the tracks around hear are closed for winter. Oh well I can't wait to get back after my headswap. I say go get that money dude! $2k will buy lots of goodies for the car! :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm actually pretty close to being done with the car. I have some interior work to do . . . but mechanically, I think its about as far as I want to go for a daily driver. I'm thinking of turning my attention to a mod motor car. A 5.4 modular twin turbo with a 250 shot sounds about right . . . :eyepoppin

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If your gonna go that far why not a twin turbo V10 in a stang. Somewhere I saw a V10 in a stang, can't remember. MY dream setup is a DSS short block with P&P PI heads, cammed, with a KB 2.2...... :worship 700 rwhp in my ol' 97 of course!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats Tight Man 400 Rwhp

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dollarbill said:
Lets get a nice launch pic, or vid! Maybe it will make the cover of another mag! I want to see at least a foot of day light under it. Good luck and be safe!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed about next month's Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. I won't get the cover . . . . but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a pic my little vert in the spread on the Phoenix FFW. :winks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Truuble, Awesome numbers. Do you still drive it to the track? :) That's the best when you can beat cars that have been trailered.

Can't wait to read your 1/4 results. So, 22% more is about 500whp ish right? So, like 600 engine hp. Wow! Impressive. What psi again? 13psi or so I seem to recall. With proper hook up and 600 hp, it should be low 11's, high 10's once you get the hang. Daily driver...that's insane. Keep it up. Keep us posted.

Are you running through mufflers or out x pipe?
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Chris:

Yep . . . I still drive it to the track. In fact, I drive it every day!! :) I'm running a Bassani x-pipe with no cats (I will put the stock h pipe back on to go through smog). I'm actually only getting about 11 psi of boost right now and I want to see that number higher. So, I'm doing a power pipe and probably switching to a cog drive (my belt is slipping).

Here's the real kicker . . . I was actually a bit disappointed with these numbers because I thought it should have done more with the water/methanol/nitromethane injection. Last night I went to refill my injection tank and . . . oops . . . it was still full. So, it made these numbers WITHOUT the water/methanol/nitro!!!!

The bottom line is that I think there is another hundred or so RWHP hidden in this motor between boost and getting the injection turned back on. Conservatively, I'm betting on 475RWHP and 400RWTQ when it gets dialed in. For you Dynojet guys that should be 579RWHP and 488RWTQ. I think I'm actually going to put the car on a Dynojet just to see what the numbers are.

Anyway, I'm putting in the rim screws for my slicks today and I'll have it out to the track next weekend. I won't have the power pipe or cog drive by then, but I will have the injection working again. I'll keep you posted on times. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Low 12s or high 11s shouldn't be a problem. I was running 111mph in the 1/4 last weekend on a very weak tune (about 75hp less than it is now). 111mph should put me into the low 12s. My 60 foot times were killing me, though. I was running 60s between 1.8 and 1.9. Hopefully, the slicks will get me out of the hole better and the 26 inch tire (as opposed to the 28.8 inch I have been running on) will help with the gears. I really should be running 4.30s instead of 4.10s if I want to stick with the tall tire. Its time to get serious and run only slicks at the track. If all goes as planned, I think I might be able to pull some low 11s . . . . while I'm on my quest for 10s!!!! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.