Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, those long sweaty days outside in the sweltering Louisiana heat, countless logged hours, and about three hundred dry-cleaning trips to press those BDUs later: I have reached paydirt.

I obtained myself a 'Stang to join up with the rest of you!

A 1990 GT, Black. I've already accepted it won't be the fastest, but I chose the GT Hatch primarily for her look as opposed to her stability and weight. Personally just thought it looked better that way. I bought her from a Private Seller who had to part with her because it was just sitting and not being used to it's potential. Some may argue it was pricey at $4,560, but, the thing has got most of the upgrades that would set her over the 300HP mark already installed professionally, only has 72,xxx original miles, has very little problems, all of which are non-mechanical (maybe $200 worth of parts and that's it!), and is complete externally with only one rust spot.

I'll have more pictures to follow. Expect plenty of questions in the future. :tongue

There's only one problem! I can't drive her until February! I'm about to cry. I won't be able to touch my baby until I am able to take Block Leave from Duty. It's so sad...:sadcry:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congrats!!!! I personally don't have a Mustang,I have an '88 T-Bird,but I wouldn't trade it.I've got the 5.0 H.O with upgrades,and getting ready to install GT40 heads.Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Beautiful car brother,congradulations!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I paid $8500.00 for a stock 1993 5.0 Mustang LX so don't feel guilty about paying that price for it! Nice find!!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Congrats, and what mods does she have?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read my signature, that's what I know so far about what she has. until I can get my greasy hands on her I won't know for sure.

I'm still trying to find out as much as I can from the old owner. I need to know exactly what is where.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Young_Buck said:
Read my signature, that's what I know so far about what she has. until I can get my greasy hands on her I won't know for sure.

I'm still trying to find out as much as I can from the old owner. I need to know exactly what is where.
That looks to be about 250-60 rwhp to me. No heads?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, she has a new set of Heads. The previous owner (who was the second owner) said that the gentleman he brought it from (and elderly, retired, and knowledgeable ford mechanic guru) had purchased a new set of Heads out of JEGs.

Problem is, he doesn't know what kind they are and I don't either. :eyebulge:

When I am finally to get under the hood and look at her, is their a number I can find or perhaps a Decal on the Heads that will inform me as to what they are? If so, where?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice car young buck, I just got back in the mustang scene myself, just bought a 1994 mustang cobra from the original owner (woman owned), bone stock never touched, only by the dealer for regular maintenance. black on black and paid $4000.00 for her.....good luck with your car!!!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6 Banger said:
Nice car young buck, I just got back in the mustang scene myself, just bought a 1994 mustang cobra from the original owner (woman owned), bone stock never touched, only by the dealer for regular maintenance. black on black and paid $4000.00 for her.....good luck with your car!!!!!
$4,000 ?! :happyhapp

Wow. That's a STEAL!

Good Find.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
man that looks great. personally, i think everyone gets overcharged for fox bodies after what i paid lol. only 1500 bucks for an 88 LX. 123,000 miles on her, butvery well maintained. nothin like buyin a car off of your uncle/godfather.

·
Registered
365 Posts
LOL, even 1500 seems expensive to me. I got my 87 GT for free from my dads old work buddy who hadnt driven in awhile. Ofcoarse it had 220,000 miles on it, was in a minor accident in a parking lot and had a huge dent in the drivers side rear fender, but nothing that couldnt be fixed. After working on it for about a year, and puttin about 1000 or so in it, it had a new paint job, custom interior, tune-up, new headlights, and new tail lights. not a bad price for one hell of a first car. allthough i did put alot of work into it, it was sooo worth it!!! :winks

P.S. Congrats on your car buck, it sounds bitchen!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That doesnt sound too horrible, i got my 95 gt with 90k miles on it from a dealer fro 4900.. And it was completely stock down to the air filter that had never been changed:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just wish I knew what the heads were...:laughlitt

·
Registered
614 Posts
ongrats on the purchase. My 89 GT is my first stang I have had on the street and I love it. I paid 1500 for mine but it was in a minor accident and I had to do a little cosmetic work on her. ABout 3500-4000 later well the gallery says it all. So I dont think you paid to much for it. Again congrats and enjoy.

Drew

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.