Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I thought this day would never ever come. But it finally came and boy was it worth the wait. My hands were a lil sweaty, and my left foot was a little trembly holding the clutch down waiting for the light to turn green...just like my first ever time at a track...now for the long detailed story, cause I know this is all we do at work right...:winks
Sat 28 Jan 06, Pomona, CA...
1) I first encountered this Orange SRT-4 when I was at my parents house, I was waiting for a left hand turn light to let me turn left, when he drives by me on the opposite side and blows off nice and loudly as he passes me in the opposite side of traffic...it was a no u-turn intersection so I couldn't chase him down...damn I said...
2) Later that afternoon, I'm at the In-N-Out drive thru line waiting for my beloved 4x4 meal when I see an exact looking Orange SRT-4 pull into the parking lot, the guy gives it a good rev and blow off before he turned the car off and then him and his super hot chick passenger get out of the car and walk to the walk up window...he notices my car, gives me a grin and a head nod, I do the same with a small 2k rev of the engine...pull up to the window, he's still there, while waiting for my food he gives me another grin, whispers something in his chicks ear, and she smiles and gives me a thumbs up...I get my food, pull forward a bit...lean over a bit and tell him he's got a sweet ride, he grins and says thanks...I pull out to the drive way...wait for a clearing...and then burn the tires in first on the way out...good thing there was a small puddle there to help with the show (this In-N-Out has enough tread mark there to be considered a drag racing start line, it's our sign of thanks for what they do for us :worship )
3) Finally...about 10 pm...about to turn left into my parents street, my wife is in my car, shes looking extra beautiful as we were about to go out to Dave and Busters that night...waiting for traffic to clear, I see an Orange SRT-4 out of the corner of my passenger side mirror and sure enough he blows off right by my wifes open window...I give chase and we luckily magically both stop at the next red light...he lowers his tinted window and I see it's the same guy from In-N-Out, with his super hot chick still in his passenger...my wife looks over and says nice car, love the color. The SRT-4 dude looks over at me and says wanna go at the light, loser buys In-N-Out tomorrow...I say you read my mind, I've been wanting to race you all day...we roll up the windows...dead street, no traffic on either side, rarely patrolled by cops...opposite light starts turning yellow...I see his car lurch forward and then stop, like he was about to burn out, but then later I learned he was trying to break boost a bit...I rev to 2k, turn the trac control off...light turns green and we both squeal for a slight second...he shoots in front as he gets traction first but I let a hair off the throttle and fly forward catching him almost perfectly...he starts to pull a tiny bit ahead at the end of first, but once I powershifted and feathered the throttle just perfectly into 2nd, I pull ahead while he's shifting and trying to spool up...he starts pulling again closer by the end of 2nd but he didn't have enough, I shift to 3rd, no tire chirp, just all engine pull baby...bam! constant steady pull all the way into the shift to 4th, a perfect 1/4 mile give or take, I shift into 5th and cruise to a roll...he catches up, rolls down the window with a healthy smile and thumbs up...He pulls ahead and pulls into a gas station...
we get out, we talk cars, the girls talk...I don't know, whatever the hell they talk about...get the guys number, tell him about Dave and Busters that night, he asks if I'd rather take a drink over an in-n-out meal, I say hells yes...give him my number and name, he shows up with his hot chick, and a few other friends of his...meets me and all of my friends there and we just ended up hanging out and drinking together...we didn't do anything stupid on the way home as we both had a few drinks...but man, he was cool about the loss...says he was stage 1 with the blow off valve...told him that was good for me cause anything higher and he probably would of taken me...I hope not though...we departed and said we'll see each other at the Fontana Track next time it's open...
best weekend I've had in a very long time...

·
Registered
102 Posts
YORCHI said:
...now for the long detailed story, cause I know this is all we do at work right...:winks
Great post Yorchi! Pretty classy guy in the SRT-4. Didn't pull attitude when he lost.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hope my first SRT4 goes down that well. Wait, that sounded.....no. That sounded about right.

It's nice when you find an import driver who's actually a cool car guy. Those kind of cars can be a lot of fun. Too bad most of the drivers have such bad attiutudes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ultraclyde said:
Hope my first SRT4 goes down that well. Wait, that sounded.....no. That sounded about right.

It's nice when you find an import driver who's actually a cool car guy. Those kind of cars can be a lot of fun. Too bad most of the drivers have such bad attiutudes.
SRT-4's aren't imports...but I know what u mean though...respect is tha shizzle, it seems though I give out more to people than I get...even when I beat them

·
Registered
861 Posts
Very nice. Certainly love when Car Enthusiasts across the board can just admit "Good race, nice car. You beat me, want to go out for drinks?".

It's real good stuff. And those SRT-4's are very nice cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
great post, and kill. very seldom a driver gets any respect or see a hint of "sportsmanship" from the loser if that makes any sense..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great kill. Cool that he wasn't a sore loser. Most of the time there would have been excuses after as to why he lost.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
great story. Yorchi, this encounter makes me want to be a better man. seriously.

awesome attitudes too, on both sides.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brent05redfire said:
great story. Yorchi, this encounter makes me want to be a better man. seriously.

awesome attitudes too, on both sides.
thanks alot...I was actually shopping for an SRT-4 before I got my Mach...it was really just luck and fate that I got the Mach over the SRT-4...the dealer I went to was such a ***** about the SRT-4 deal that I said you know what, I don't wanna buy it anymore, at least not from you and walked away, I was going to go to a different dealer that weekend and pick it up afterall, but I saw the Mach the next day, and all by luck and coincidence and well the rest is history...hahahaha, it's actually my wife's fault too...hahahahahahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.