And time for me to install some longtubes!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
47 Posts
sounds amazing, i like the rims too. beautiful mustang

·
Registered
893 Posts
Damn something wicked this way comes!!!!!

sounds awesome and will cause the Chevy heartbeat to need a pacemaker :laugh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
just wondering how the rasp is? Does it sound more raspy than deep rumble?

How would you describe the sound.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
LT is a PITA install, I have 1&7/8" primaries dumping into 3 inch collectors, through high flow cats then into 3" X pipe, after that it's all stock. The sound is very nice at idle and cruising speeds, but at WOT it does get a little raspy in the higher RPM's(which I was told would be less of an issue with 1&3/4 primaries). I'm sure this can be worked with by aftermarket mufflers if you dislike it, I would think from reading the reviews of the the GT500 exhaust it would be a perfect match. Anyone out there with LT's and the GT500 AxleBacks care to comment?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just wondering how the rasp is? Does it sound more raspy than deep rumble?

How would you describe the sound.
It's deep at idle, but really gets raspy past 3500 rpm. To me, it sounds beastly. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds insane... I'd be way too tempted to scare the sh*t out of bystanders or rev my engine as a replacement for a horn. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nicely done sir. Tough install?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nicely done sir. Tough install?
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but I'd rather go through all that frustration than pay someone to do it for me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
4 months in. How are these bad boys treatin' ya?!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4 months in. How are these bad boys treatin' ya?!
Well I took off the cats about a month ago and it's loud as hell :bigthumbsup Still havent been pulled over by the cops yet *knock on wood*, but I try to keep the rpms below 2500 when I see them. :heha:

·
Registered
893 Posts
What's good Dewayne:bigthumbsup I can imagine how loud that bad boy is.I remember Budlite Mikes car when he first did his exhaust and once the LT's went on good lord lol

I also have ARH longtubes and when I first installed them I had the stock resonators and stock mufflers but off road X

my car sounded stock at idle and light throttle but at WOT it screamed.

I wanted a little more bark so I went with the Gibson axlebacks and now it's perfect.The key is running a chambered muffler and the resonators to keep it toned down a bit.

I can't wait to hear you and BLM together at WOT:kooky:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts