Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
How does your car feel under 5,000 RPM with the BOSS intake and full exhaust? I am considering going that route, but am looking for a combination that is also fun to drive around town when not in full attack mode.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Very nice ride, those look like some nice wheels too.

Your car sounds identical to mine at least from the vid.

i have corsa sports, kooks long tubes and big cats, x pipe. you can start in 2nd then go to 4th shifting at 2000 rpm if you need to keep it quiet, apart form that the Corsa's and now Bassani's are track loud. just the way it should be! neighbors may get pissed on cold mornings but who cares.

i'm also curious about the LT's with the boss intake.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What's good Dewayne:bigthumbsup I can imagine how loud that bad boy is.I remember Budlite Mikes car when he first did his exhaust and once the LT's went on good lord lol

I also have ARH longtubes and when I first installed them I had the stock resonators and stock mufflers but off road X

my car sounded stock at idle and light throttle but at WOT it screamed.

I wanted a little more bark so I went with the Gibson axlebacks and now it's perfect.The key is running a chambered muffler and the resonators to keep it toned down a bit.

I can't wait to hear you and BLM together at WOT:kooky:
I haven't seen Mike in a while. Hopefully we can get together before I leave for Japan in May.

amazing! Are you nervous driving this thing in california???
A little nervous, but I do have my car registered out of state still :)

How does your car feel under 5,000 RPM with the BOSS intake and full exhaust? I am considering going that route, but am looking for a combination that is also fun to drive around town when not in full attack mode.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
I drive this thing everyday to and from work 68 miles round trip. It feels fine under 5k and it's still fun to drive. I dont get up to 7k much during the trip, but I do hit 5k quite a bit.

Very nice ride, those look like some nice wheels too.

Your car sounds identical to mine at least from the vid.

i have corsa sports, kooks long tubes and big cats, x pipe. you can start in 2nd then go to 4th shifting at 2000 rpm if you need to keep it quiet, apart form that the Corsa's and now Bassani's are track loud. just the way it should be! neighbors may get pissed on cold mornings but who cares.

i'm also curious about the LT's with the boss intake.
Thanks sir. I was always nervous starting up in the morning when I worked days, because it's freaking loud during cold start up. Now that I work nights, I'm not as nervous because everyone else is at work when I leave for work in the after noon.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Which tools do you need to swap the headers? I mean, more than just a few sockets/oe wrenches? Anything special?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Car sounds nice ! I have comtemplated long tubes for some time. I have Corsa Extreme axlebacks so I already have good sound. I think i will hold off on the longtubes. i have plenty of wrench experience but for the cost and pain in the #[email protected]$ install, think I will ponder a supercharger for a while. Just adding a SC gives decent performance with out fooling with headers. Another consideration for, me is how hard the transmission is to remove for clutchwork if headers are put on. Which I will eventually need if I go the supercharger route.
Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread. Car sounds awesome :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
359 Posts
Actually long tubes make it easier to pull the transmission. getting the factory cats out of the way frees up alot of room around the bellhousing. Look at Swervo's pics with the header on the left and stock on the right more room.
Steve

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Actually long tubes make it easier to pull the transmission. getting the factory cats out of the way frees up alot of room around the bellhousing. Look at Swervo's pics with the header on the left and stock on the right more room.
Steve

You are right. Good info. I thiought I saw pictures of other header makes that fit closer to the transmission. The Bassanis look good. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
359 Posts
No problem Randeez, I just did ARH headers on my '11 and it was amazing how much easier it was to put the engine mounts, steering rod, and starter back in around the headers vs taking them out with the stock manifold and cats in place. Only bolts I fought were the top rear passenger header bolt and the upper front passenger motor mount bolt. Everything else was easier going in. Now I just have to trouble shoot my passenger front O2 sensor, back on the jacks tomorrow to check all wires.
Steve

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Which tools do you need to swap the headers? I mean, more than just a few sockets/oe wrenches? Anything special?
Swapping out headers is a pain in the ass. If you don't have access to a lift, you better find one. LOL. If not it can be done on ramps/jack stands. No special tools really, but one thing that made it a little easier is one of those ratcheting wrenches. Other wise you'll hate life having to turn a wrench a 1/4 turn at a time then pulling it back off and putting it back on over and over again.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Looks and sounds great swervo. I want!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sounds good. Is that off road x or Catted?
In the vid it has a cats. I just took some vid with my iPhone and need to upload it so you guys can hear it without cats.

·
Registered
645 Posts
swervo - Have to ask. Noticed you have a NC license plate. How are you going to pass inspection when you come back this way now that the cats are removed and you don't have O2 sensors?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ugh, I was on the fence with LT's but now it's a done deal!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Ugh, I was on the fence with LT's but now it's a done deal!:bigthumbsup
The fence? Get the hell off of it and get you some tubes, IMHO, it is hands down the best MOD for the Coyote.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can't wait for my Kooks 1 3/4 long tube and Xpipe installed this weekemd.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
swervo - Have to ask. Noticed you have a NC license plate. How are you going to pass inspection when you come back this way now that the cats are removed and you don't have O2 sensors?
I'll just put the cat's back on (which takes 30 mins) and reflash another tune to turn on the O2 sensors :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
21 - 40 of 50 Posts