Ford Mustang Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So Swervo, did you officially wave bye-bye to California? There may be hope on the horizon for us out here..

SmogTips.com - AB 2289 - Smog Check Law California. No more tailpipe smog test. Elimination of tailpipe smog check testing for 2000 model vehicles and newer.

With a proper tune, who knows. Maybe a beast like yours can be legal!
I'm still here in the states til May.

That's not too bad. That's kind of like what NC does. I still won't pass the visual lol.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'm still here in the states til May.

That's not too bad. That's kind of like what NC does. I still won't pass the visual lol.
I think a couple Ben Franklins might handle that part of it. lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have the Bassani catback on my GT and was looking into buying a set of Bassani long tubes.
How do the long tubes bolt up on to the catback?
By any chance do you have a pic after the install of the longtubes?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I also have the Bassani catback on my GT and was looking into buying a set of Bassani long tubes.
How do the long tubes bolt up on to the catback?
By any chance do you have a pic after the install of the longtubes?
It bolts right up to the x-pipe. You just pull out the adapters that were used to attach to the stock catted pipes and the off-road extension or cats will slip right in to the x-pipe and held in using T-bolt clamps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did you prefer the studs or bolts? I hear allot of guys re-use the factory studs when they install there headers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
We used most of the factory studs, but pulled some for ease of install and used the supplied bolts for those.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It bolts right up to the x-pipe. You just pull out the adapters that were used to attach to the stock catted pipes and the off-road extension or cats will slip right in to the x-pipe and held in using T-bolt clamps.
Got you! I just found them on Lethal's website but are they only available in 1 3/4" and would it be much difference not going to the 1 7/8"?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I dont think it would matter too much if your hp goal is reasonable. It might be a restriction at some point, but not sure how high that point is right now. lol.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have the 1 and 7/8 primaries running into 3" collectors. My car was used for the design and fitment by Dyantech Engineers. I spent several hours around the shop, and their thought on 1 7/8 vs 1 3/4 was 1 3/4 would make more HP in the upper RPM range, and the 1 3/4 would make more Tq in the lower RPM range. This was done before info on the BOSS intake was released, I really think it would open up my cars top end and the loss of low end Tq would be offset by the larger LT's. While my car still makes 25+ HP more than stock at 6500 RPM's, but in relation to the powerband, it feels like it's gasping for air.....

G

·
0 Posts
JPC uses 1 3/4 primaries and 2.75" pipes on their cars, including their record setting 9.97 @ 137mph naturally aspirated Coyote. Unless you are using forced induction, Justin Burcham believes the 1 3/4 primaries work better with the Coyote 5.0.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts