• Who gives a sh*t?

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put it on to hide a chip I made in the paint when removing a dealer sticker. And of course, I F'd this up a bit too! It's a tad crooked and the thing stuck like glue. I didn't even apply pressure and it was on there

Took a few snaps and tried to upload them here. Not sure if it worked though...

Not sure if I'm going to leave it on. What do you guys think

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How do you upload the pictures so you can see them? Not a link to them, or 3 links lol.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
save the pic in my documents, then hit the manage attachments button below the post window, browse for the pic, open it, then hit the upload button and wait a few seconds till it uploads. then you can close that window, and when you submit the post, the pic will be in it

·
Registered
148 Posts
Chris,

If it were my Mustang I would {Remove} the crooked Emblem if you are referring to the one on the Left-Rear trunk lid.

You can use fish line behind the Emblem and it will come off.

I Hate putting Emblems on because it is so easy for them to be a little off.

Terry

·
Registered
718 Posts
The pics come up too small for me and zooming in just distorts it. If the tilt is not too bad, I'd keep it. Just my 2 cents worth :winks

·
Registered
559 Posts
I always use double sided tape for my emblems because if I want to remove them, a simple hair dryer will heat up the tape so you can remove it...

Never glue anything on your car if you may want to eventually remove it...

Now the solution -- try to spray a solvent behind the emblem to weaken the glue.

Heat may be necessary depending on what type of glue you used...

Also try the fishing line trick too. This may help to remove it...

You can also try to use a credit card or plastic squeege to gain some space between the emblem and your body to spray the solvent.

Check with the manufacturer of the glue you used to find out what will work...

Good Luck!!! Dave

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i didnt think it looked crooked in the little pic, i think its just the camera view. i think it looks ok, better than a paint chip. also, when i download pics off my camera to post online, i size them to 640x480 pixels or 4"x6". that seems to make a decent size pic and its able to upload without any problems. it doesnt matter what folder on your computer you save your pics in, i use my documents. you could even save it on your desktop. just need to remember where you saved it to browse for it later :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the tiny pictures, not sure how to make them bigger. amustangrocks explained a bit, thanks.

I was going to take it off, but I've actually gotten a few compliments on it the past 2 days. One was by the woman of my dreams:bigthumbsup So I may keep a few on standby lol.

BTW, I didn't add glue it's just the tape that came with it. I could probably get it off, but it'll probably break in the process. I'll leave it for now. When it really annoys me I'll remove it.

Thanks all for the opin's.

-Chris

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ya those plastic emblems only look good for a few years at best. i got the 4.0 high performance on my fenders, i might replace them with some new ones this year. they will come off easy enough, its just 2 sided tape. i dont know if you got my pm, but if you pm me sometime, i can call you and walk you through uploading pics in the posts. its pretty easy one you do it one time.

sounds like you might need to order a couple more of those, for good reason :winks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oooh I like that emblem Bluelou. Where did you find it? I've never seen one for the 281, always bigger. I'd want it in black.

I always like to see bluelou's answers. Probably one of the few here more sarcastic and cynical than me.:gringreen:bigthumbsup

Also (my math and memory may be off here so sorry if I'm wrong) wouldn't a half liter of beer be about 16oz or so? So I'd guess it's not that uncommon:gringreen. But I dont drink so it's been a real long time for me:winks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Just trying to keep it interesting... :)

Also (my math and memory may be off here so sorry if I'm wrong) wouldn't a half liter of beer be about 16oz or so? So I'd guess it's not that uncommon:gringreen. ...
Yes about 16oz BUT here in the U.S. we call it a pint... :)

CJ Pony carries the 281 emblem (among others)

Results for 281 emblem -

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just trying to keep it interesting... :)

Yes about 16oz BUT here in the U.S. we call it a pint... :)

CJ Pony carries the 281 emblem (among others)

Results for 281 emblem -

Lol! I hear ya. I feel the same way!

:smartass:

Thanks for the info! If they got em in black, I'm in!:bigthumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts