Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have been talking about going to the drags for a while now and stuff kept coming up and i couldnt run...well last night i finally did and man am i happy with the out come..i never ran at the tracks before last night was my first time. first run of the night was my best. i ran a 14.5 at 97mph. then after that i got a 14.7 then 2 14.8's. i was very happy with my times seeing how i never been before and all i have is a bigger filter cat back and msd ignition. my first run i hooked up really well but the next 3 i was just to excited being up there and kept spining through first. but thats alright my goal by the end of the summer is 13.9. i dont think im to far out there just gotta get a few things done and i should be hitting it all day. i thought i was gonna run a best of like 14.9 being my first time but i killed it on that first run i think. just wanted to let every one know how i did! it was a blast

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Congrats on the runs. Was the adrenaline flowing when you got up to the tree?
What was your 60' times?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Big congrats man! :bigthumbsup
My first time at the track I was running 16's and even a couple of 17's! Experience is going to play a big role in your times. Go out there 4-5 more times and watch those times keep dropping.

Are you running drag radials or street tires?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
No way should you be running as slow as 14.5 if that is your red Mustang pictured in your avatar, pulling both front wheels a foot in the air.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i wish that was my car. its just a picture and i was running street tires..i dont have the slips im not home and thats where they are but ill put everything up tonight from all 4 runs

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Not a virgin anymore. :myhappydance: Now you just get more seat time and you'll get better times. It's different than on the street, isn't it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pretty inspiring, man! How much was it to run? Any advise to someone like me that hasn't been before (I want to go this summer!).

G

·
Hey congrats.....

not bad for your first time.......:bigthumbsup

Seat time will be your best friend getting those times down.....

BTW racing at the track is addicting

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not bad man. My best was 14.1 at 98 with a 2.1 60 foot by the end of the night with mods in my sig. I coulda kept pushing but track was closin.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok guys heres the numbers from the time slips...

first run....r/t-.147...60'-2.413...1/4-14.560....mph-97.00

2nd run...r/t-.150...60'-2.402...1/4-14.710...mph-96.76

3rd run...r/t-.287...60'-2.513...1/4-14.893...mph-96.89

4th run...r/t-.329...60'-2.535...1/4-14.843...mph-96.95.

and yes the track is very addicting already i wanna go back i couldnt leave and its so much different/better than the street. it was 20 bucks to race and my advice..well im not really sure i was pretty nervous coming up to the line but its almost like when you get up there it just comes to you on what to do. just watch everyone else make sure you follow all the rules and drive it like you hate it..thats what i did and it seemed to work great :gringreen

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Very nice. Time for some gears, underdrives, and drag radials :bigthumbsup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.