Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stopped over to see if they got the 06 Mustang catalog in, and they just happened to get them today. No big deal, but I wanted 2 for myself.
Was I greedy? :laughlitt

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Stoenr said:
I just stopped over to see if they got the 06 Mustang catalog in, and they just happened to get them today. No big deal, but I wanted 2 for myself.
Greedy? No, Obsessed, absolutley. :evillol:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good! thats the answer I was looking for. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Thanks for the 411, I'll have to go and get myself a couple as well!!!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front cover has Chromed out fanblades. Giving a false impression. IMO

·
Registered
403 Posts
Stoenr said:
Stoenr-
Thanks!!! looked in here before leaving work tonight, saw your post, stopped at local dealer I will never buy from(gladly take their brochure though) asked- sales guy said they just came in today...cool.

they had a GT on the floor 166k sticker with a 100k 'market adjusted' gouge. As beautiful as that car is, I hope their greed pisses off some rich buyer...Oh how Id love to see a prominent area businessman tell them to stuff it up their a$$ in front of a bunch of customers...same dealer that could "reconfigure a stock order- (4) due in 3-4 weeks to whatever you want for 5 over"- yet same dealer had dozens of backordered GTs...In my opinion they were selling allocations promised to buyers 6 months earlier- before they realized they could get close to 10 over on loaded gt convertibles...customer service at its finest.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
ford4v429 said:
Stoenr-
Thanks!!! looked in here before leaving work tonight, saw your post, stopped at local dealer I will never buy from(gladly take their brochure though) asked- sales guy said they just came in today...cool.

they had a GT on the floor 166k sticker with a 100k 'market adjusted' gouge. As beautiful as that car is, I hope their greed pisses off some rich buyer...Oh how Id love to see a prominent area businessman tell them to stuff it up their a$$ in front of a bunch of customers...same dealer that could "reconfigure a stock order- (4) due in 3-4 weeks to whatever you want for 5 over"- yet same dealer had dozens of backordered GTs...In my opinion they were selling allocations promised to buyers 6 months earlier- before they realized they could get close to 10 over on loaded gt convertibles...customer service at its finest.
Greed? Ford is in the business of making money, if they didn't sell at that price, it wouldn't be that price.
Although I do agree about the backorders, that is the dealers fault who did not have the allocations.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey Carolos, question about dealer searches. If a dealer searches and finds the car you want at the dealer 100 miles away, does he buy it from that dealer, or ford? and go against allocations? Just curious. Tire biz if goodyear(just tires) store gets a tire from us, its the same as if he got it from goodyear direct, he pays goodyears price, and we get a credit from goodyear for that price.

·
Registered
403 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Greed? Ford is in the business of making money, if they didn't sell at that price, it wouldn't be that price.
Although I do agree about the backorders, that is the dealers fault who did not have the allocations.
Pcfrisch-
Just my opinions: ford put the 166k on the car- the dealer thinks hes gonna get 100k OVER sticker...those days are gone...first couple months a lot sold way up there, but theyre on ebay now starting at just over sticker...it still bothers me to know all fords hard work on building this greatest ford brought them less profit than sales commission to a guy that filled out some paperwork.

on the allocations- again just my opinion- I think this particular dealer DID have the allocations...they had several loaded 'stock' mustang Gts coming in every few weeks, yet had a many retail orders - none of which got filled from what I understand. priority 80=stock, <40= retail(supposedly)...but if retail was sold at sticker, 'what if' priority gets changed to >80? then 'stock comes first... what if stock brought 5 over sticker...hmm...as all 'stock' were loaded, I dont think allocations or commodities were the issue here- just a greedy dealer using allocations as he sees fit- wether already sold or not...all stock/no retail= red flags to me.

Anyway, hope they find you your car :) I'd be freekin out if mine was that close and I couldnt go get it...hope your miles of smiles starts soon!:happyhapp

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
ford4v429 said:
Pcfrisch-
Just my opinions: ford put the 166k on the car- the dealer thinks hes gonna get 100k OVER sticker...those days are gone...first couple months a lot sold way up there, but theyre on ebay now starting at just over sticker...it still bothers me to know all fords hard work on building this greatest ford brought them less profit than sales commission to a guy that filled out some paperwork.

on the allocations- again just my opinion- I think this particular dealer DID have the allocations...they had several loaded 'stock' mustang Gts coming in every few weeks, yet had a many retail orders - none of which got filled from what I understand. priority 80=stock, <40= retail(supposedly)...but if retail was sold at sticker, 'what if' priority gets changed to >80? then 'stock comes first... what if stock brought 5 over sticker...hmm...as all 'stock' were loaded, I dont think allocations or commodities were the issue here- just a greedy dealer using allocations as he sees fit- wether already sold or not...all stock/no retail= red flags to me.

Anyway, hope they find you your car :) I'd be freekin out if mine was that close and I couldnt go get it...hope your miles of smiles starts soon!:happyhapp
In that case, I am with you, I especially despise dealers who have got GT'S and put them up on E-Bay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts