Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uggh, what a pain. Wish Ford would jsut make the speakers changeable through the trunk.

Rant over. (but that sucked)

The sound is so much improved and I was able to remove the deck lid just by unbolting the seatbelt and loosening the panels. Still took me about 3 hours though to get everything right.

Quick question, is there any amplification I can easily add while keeping the factory head unit? I believe if I changed head units my sync and all that wont work right?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Uggh, what a pain. Wish Ford would jsut make the speakers changeable through the trunk.

Rant over. (but that sucked)

The sound is so much improved and I was able to remove the deck lid just by unbolting the seatbelt and loosening the panels. Still took me about 3 hours though to get everything right.

Quick question, is there any amplification I can easily add while keeping the factory head unit? I believe if I changed head units my sync and all that wont work right?
Props to you for changing the deck speakers out. I don't even want to touch them haha. You can change your head unit and keep sync functions. There are aftermarket adapters that will allow you to do that.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Props to you for changing the deck speakers out. I don't even want to touch them haha. You can change your head unit and keep sync functions. There are aftermarket adapters that will allow you to do that.
I actually thought it was easier (aside from the tight screw quarters) than the door panels! Gogo lego car :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really wasnt that terrible in the grand scheme of things. Everything snapped back together nicely..if it wasnt 100 degrees out wouldve been a better experience!

·
Registered
558 Posts
It really wasnt that terrible in the grand scheme of things. Everything snapped back together nicely..if it wasnt 100 degrees out wouldve been a better experience!
Yeah when I put my door speakers in it was like 110 in the garage and I was soaked and then I wanted to at least try the rear deck but getting my 6'2 self in the back was to much in the heat so I threw in the towel haha

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I did mine last week, and yes they are a PITA. Took me 2 hours.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone know if I can swap out the speakers in my 2012 v6 premium(keep the same head unit) that I am leasing? I already plan on putting a sub in the trunk and just taking that out before I give it back but do you think i could get away with putting new speakers in?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know if I can swap out the speakers in my 2012 v6 premium(keep the same head unit) that I am leasing? I already plan on putting a sub in the trunk and just taking that out before I give it back but do you think i could get away with putting new speakers in?
I'm sure you'll be fine, my friend leased the first Mustang in South Florida and wound up putting a new exhaust on it and the dealer seemed to have no problem, so i doubt replacing their speakers is a big deal. But if you're not sure then just keep the stock ones and swap them back in when your lease is up :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
69 Posts
oh come on now Im going to want to put a new exhaust on it too!!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
No problem as long as you put the stock exhaust back on. I'm sure that will make the car will be easier to sell when your lease is up. As for the speakers, I'd swap them out & probably leave them in the car. Make sure that any install that has to do with an amp & sub is clean and can be removed easily without any unsightly damage too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No problem as long as you put the stock exhaust back on. I'm sure that will make the car will be easier to sell when your lease is up. As for the speakers, I'd swap them out & probably leave them in the car. Make sure that any install that has to do with an amp & sub is clean and can be removed easily without any unsightly damage too.
ya im going to most likely have it done at best buy and im going to stress that they do nothing crazy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are the door and rear speakers the same size. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your aftermarket speakers? Thanks and good job.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the door and rear speakers the same size. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your aftermarket speakers? Thanks and good job.
Yes they are the same size, and I paid $90 a set for my speakers. They have plenty of untapped power if I ever decide to amplify I wont have to change.

1 thing I was curious about was which METRA cables you all used? The ones I had connected fine on the ford side but were too small for my speakers, had to bend them open a little.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.