Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been stalking this forum for a LONG time now and its now time for me to put an order down for a 2012 GT! Probly Monday or maybe Friday. I'm incredibly excited but have a few questions. I originally wanted Brembo's but looks like now I will have to drop them considering I don't want to have to replace the summer tires right when I get the thing for winter and be out all that money(unless someone on here want to buy the rims and tires:winks). Plus thats 1600 more dollars I don't have to finance. Everything else looks like this. Performance white, 3.73(I changed my mind from 3.55), and security package.
Any advice before I go to the dealer to put down the deposit? I already have a deal on the car. Invoice plus incentives, that I think is fair. But any dealer tricks or things I should look out for? Any advice is welcome thanks in advance!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The automatic is a problem free trans.
You will love this car.
I chose the base model and got out the door for just under 30k.
Search for rebates and coupons. Ask the dealer what is available in terms of discounts.
Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Showtime, the one thing that I forgot to research was the extended service and extended warranty plans. I saved some money by getting my extended warranty from another dealership (Price Ford- one of the sponsors on this website) other than one where I purchased my car from. Good luck !!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah forgot to say I'm getting the Base model. Don't want leather and its a good platform to add to for years to come! Despite the tranny problems I've been seeing I'm opting for the 6MT. Just can beat a manual and its been far to long since I've had one. Test drove two with no issues one is summer one in winter and it still felt fine.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Any advice before I go to the dealer to put down the deposit? I already have a deal on the car. Invoice plus incentives, that I think is fair. But any dealer tricks or things I should look out for? Any advice is welcome thanks in advance!
Unless your deal (or gov ordinances) already limits the doc fees that's a potential gotcha.

It's normal for dealers to try to reach an agreement that does not include the doc fees and then refuse to negotiate them. So in essence you either hand them free money OR start all over and try to renegotiate a new deal for a lower price to offset the fees.

Its usually pointless to try to negotiate the fees separately. They will tell you its beyond their discretion but in reality they want high fees because its money they don't pay commission on. In other words they'd much rather knock $200 off the price of the car than $200 off the doc fees.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
^^ Join MCA. It's $50 a year, you can use X Plan pricing as a member and thru X Plan, doc fees are capped at (I think) $100

·
Registered
396 Posts
good luck,,dont skimp on options you want but think you cant afford. Lots of things are expensive or impossible to do after the fact and really its a few dollars more per month in the long run. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

·
Registered
28 Posts
showtime21 im in the same boat as you... ordered a base kona gt 2012 this past sunday 7/10/11. put $1000 down and got it for xplan. should be $28k OTD so dont pay more than that + upgrades. what color???

**now to wait 6-8 weeks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
showtime21 im in the same boat as you... ordered a base kona gt 2012 this past sunday 7/10/11. put $1000 down and got it for xplan. should be $28k OTD so dont pay more than that + upgrades. what color???

**now to wait 6-8 weeks!
Nice ScoopsMcGhee :bigthumbsup you get any options on it? Going for performance white for the color on mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
completely base as my parents are helping with the down payment and didnt want it to be more than $28k as that was pushing it. Monthly payment is $300 / 72 months but should have it paid off in less than 3.
Mods like 3.73s or 4.10s would be something I will do later as well as the steering wheel. I have not seen a white GT yet but what was the estimated order time?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.