Ford Mustang Forum banner

finally took some pictures of my black stallion...

1393 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  the98stang
I finally got around to taking some pictures after owning her for a month...bone stock besides the custom moon roof (previous owner paid a rediculous amount of money for it to be done lol). My gears are suppose to come in tomorrow :eyepoppin. Feel free to comment or make any suggestions that might make her look better....

Tanner

http://i1.tinypic.com/mikrhu.jpg


Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
nice car, but hate them hoods
I totally agree. That damn plastic hood vent is GAY. Do you guys know where I can get a grill or replacement for that? The fender side vents look stupid as well... [QUOTE='03Stang]nice car, but hate them hoods[/QUOTE]
car looks fine/it's in nice shape.
IMO, they look better w/the Mach I chin spoiler (and grill delete).
Nice car, very nice.

Having a 2000 GT myself, I also bother about the hood.
Someone wants to sell a OEM Ford Hood Scoop, color silver?
-- actually you want to carefully consider what your short-term & long-term goals are, and what you're willing to give up to get there. Lowering springs & the shocks (and caster plates, and alignment, and etc.) you'd put on with them may produce a harsher ride quality in addition to costing some real cash. Many, if not most, mods are some sort of trade-off: more HP = less gas mileage, more noise. lowered resale value, etc. Helps if you do a lot of reading before spending your money, and also if you can ride in other's cars that have mods that appeal to you. Joining a local 'Stang club or going to shows and talking to folks helps.
badass98svt said:
you need springs!
Holy shinny !


Very nice , get a scoop for that hood and your golden :thumbsup !
mustangs NEED lowering springs. unless you want a 4x4 stance and terrible handling.
i've owned 5 stangs, and lowered 4 of them.
the slight change in ride quality is well worth the inprovement in performance.
meatball said:
-- actually you want to carefully consider what your short-term & long-term goals are, and what you're willing to give up to get there. Lowering springs & the shocks (and caster plates, and alignment, and etc.) you'd put on with them may produce a harsher ride quality in addition to costing some real cash. Many, if not most, mods are some sort of trade-off: more HP = less gas mileage, more noise. lowered resale value, etc. Helps if you do a lot of reading before spending your money, and also if you can ride in other's cars that have mods that appeal to you. Joining a local 'Stang club or going to shows and talking to folks helps.
Don't you think that would be kinda lame? To add a non-function scoop to my hood? I dunno...

As far as lowering the car, I don't think I'm going to. My last 98 stang had tokico shocks with eibach springs, and it picked up every damn bump/rock in the road. The ride was so terrible I don't think it was worth the looks. That's just my opinion...
ran260gt said:
Holy shinny !


Very nice , get a scoop for that hood and your golden :thumbsup !
do you actually think the 01-04 hood scoops are functional? :sterb:


the98stang said:
Don't you think that would be kinda lame? To add a non-function scoop to my hood? I dunno...
the98stang said:
As far as lowering the car, I don't think I'm going to. My last 98 stang had tokico shocks with eibach springs, and it picked up every damn bump/rock in the road. The ride was so terrible I don't think it was worth the looks. That's just my opinion...

Eibach springs are known to have a very rough ride. but there are many other companies who provide a smoother ride. if you want to keep the terrible handling, then don't change a thing! :winks
I always assumed the 01-04 hoods were functional...how would you attach a hood scoop like the 01-04 to a 00 hood? Sorry for a dumb question but I just want my hood to look non gay...

BTW- I LOVE the handling in my stang as it is now. When you lower a car you can screw up the camber majorly. Even with the right Caster Camber plates and the right set up. Maybe you don't mind getting an alignment every month :heha:. But hey, you got the money, go for it!

I'd rather spend 1-2 grand on bolt on mods :winks
badass98svt said:
do you actually think the 01-04 hood scoops are functional? :sterb:





Eibach springs are known to have a very rough ride. but there are many other companies who provide a smoother ride. if you want to keep the terrible handling, then don't change a thing! :winks
you really have NO idea what you are talking about, huh? :dunce:

seriously

1.) 01-04 hoods are NOT functional.

2.) with a good set of c/c plates (maximum motorsports) you will have zero problems with camber.

3.) i don't know who told you that an alignment is needed once a month. just once. thats it.

spend the 2 grand on bolt ons....just don't try to take a nice corner. lol
the98stang said:
I always assumed the 01-04 hoods were functional...how would you attach a hood scoop like the 01-04 to a 00 hood? Sorry for a dumb question but I just want my hood to look non gay...

BTW- I LOVE the handling in my stang as it is now. When you lower a car you can screw up the camber majorly. Even with the right Caster Camber plates and the right set up. Maybe you don't mind getting an alignment every month :heha:. But hey, you got the money, go for it!

I'd rather spend 1-2 grand on bolt on mods :winks
Yeah I'd get rid of those clear headlights... I like the ones on the cobra's
Cobra headlights
I never denied that the hoods were not functional...

If you hit even a minor pothole on the road in a lowered car, your alignment will be thrown off.

You can say w/e you want I was just stating my opinon. To me, lowering our mustangs is NOT worth the cash. So now you can drop the subject :wavey.
badass98svt said:
you really have NO idea what you are talking about, huh? :dunce:

seriously

1.) 01-04 hoods are NOT functional.

2.) with a good set of c/c plates (maximum motorsports) you will have zero problems with camber.

3.) i don't know who told you that an alignment is needed once a month. just once. thats it.

spend the 2 grand on bolt ons....just don't try to take a nice corner. lol
you really have no idea what youy are talking about, huh?

a minor pothole DOES NOT throw off your alignment in a lowered car.
please don't spread rumors of BS. you are teaching all the other noobs the wrong stuff :sterb:
the98stang said:
If you hit even a minor pothole on the road in a lowered car, your alignment will be thrown off.
I wouldn't state such things if I knew it wasn't true. I have had five different shops tell me the same thing. Including my grandfather, who is a mechanic, and has been working on cars for 50 years. If you don't have the proper set up, your alignment can be thrown off very easily. Like I said before, it's not worth the cash in my opinon.

you really have no idea what youy are talking about, huh?
badass98svt said:
you really have no idea what youy are talking about, huh?

a minor pothole DOES NOT throw off your alignment in a lowered car.
please don't spread rumors of BS. you are teaching all the other noobs the wrong stuff :sterb:
i give up bro...why don't you start another thread and ask how many people with lowered stangs need to get alignments every week. lol

i've had 5 stangs, 4 of them lowered. 1 alignment was all it took after the springs and c/c plates were installed.
I'm just saying if you get the wrong CC plates, springs or shocks, your car alignment will be all dicked up and your ride will be rough. I had a 98 stang and the previous owner screwed up the ride pretty bad. It had H&R springs, Tokico shocks, and FRRP CC plates. And that thing rode like Sh1t. Not only that, the alignment was constantly F'ed up. You do what you want...we all have different opinons.
badass98svt said:
i give up bro...why don't you start another thread and ask how many people with lowered stangs need to get alignments every week. lol

i've had 5 stangs, 4 of them lowered. 1 alignment was all it took after the springs and c/c plates were installed.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top