Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to taking some pictures after owning her for a month...bone stock besides the custom moon roof (previous owner paid a rediculous amount of money for it to be done lol). My gears are suppose to come in tomorrow :eyepoppin. Feel free to comment or make any suggestions that might make her look better....

Tanner

http://i1.tinypic.com/mikrhu.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[QUOTE='03Stang]nice car, but hate them hoods[/QUOTE]
I totally agree. That damn plastic hood vent is GAY. Do you guys know where I can get a grill or replacement for that? The fender side vents look stupid as well...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
car looks fine/it's in nice shape.
IMO, they look better w/the Mach I chin spoiler (and grill delete).

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice car, very nice.

Having a 2000 GT myself, I also bother about the hood.
Someone wants to sell a OEM Ford Hood Scoop, color silver?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
you need springs!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
badass98svt said:
you need springs!
-- actually you want to carefully consider what your short-term & long-term goals are, and what you're willing to give up to get there. Lowering springs & the shocks (and caster plates, and alignment, and etc.) you'd put on with them may produce a harsher ride quality in addition to costing some real cash. Many, if not most, mods are some sort of trade-off: more HP = less gas mileage, more noise. lowered resale value, etc. Helps if you do a lot of reading before spending your money, and also if you can ride in other's cars that have mods that appeal to you. Joining a local 'Stang club or going to shows and talking to folks helps.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
meatball said:
-- actually you want to carefully consider what your short-term & long-term goals are, and what you're willing to give up to get there. Lowering springs & the shocks (and caster plates, and alignment, and etc.) you'd put on with them may produce a harsher ride quality in addition to costing some real cash. Many, if not most, mods are some sort of trade-off: more HP = less gas mileage, more noise. lowered resale value, etc. Helps if you do a lot of reading before spending your money, and also if you can ride in other's cars that have mods that appeal to you. Joining a local 'Stang club or going to shows and talking to folks helps.

mustangs NEED lowering springs. unless you want a 4x4 stance and terrible handling.
i've owned 5 stangs, and lowered 4 of them.
the slight change in ride quality is well worth the inprovement in performance.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ran260gt said:
Holy shinny !

Very nice , get a scoop for that hood and your golden :thumbsup !
Don't you think that would be kinda lame? To add a non-function scoop to my hood? I dunno...

As far as lowering the car, I don't think I'm going to. My last 98 stang had tokico shocks with eibach springs, and it picked up every damn bump/rock in the road. The ride was so terrible I don't think it was worth the looks. That's just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
the98stang said:
Don't you think that would be kinda lame? To add a non-function scoop to my hood? I dunno...

do you actually think the 01-04 hood scoops are functional? :sterb:

the98stang said:
As far as lowering the car, I don't think I'm going to. My last 98 stang had tokico shocks with eibach springs, and it picked up every damn bump/rock in the road. The ride was so terrible I don't think it was worth the looks. That's just my opinion...

Eibach springs are known to have a very rough ride. but there are many other companies who provide a smoother ride. if you want to keep the terrible handling, then don't change a thing! :winks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
badass98svt said:
do you actually think the 01-04 hood scoops are functional? :sterb:

Eibach springs are known to have a very rough ride. but there are many other companies who provide a smoother ride. if you want to keep the terrible handling, then don't change a thing! :winks
I always assumed the 01-04 hoods were functional...how would you attach a hood scoop like the 01-04 to a 00 hood? Sorry for a dumb question but I just want my hood to look non gay...

BTW- I LOVE the handling in my stang as it is now. When you lower a car you can screw up the camber majorly. Even with the right Caster Camber plates and the right set up. Maybe you don't mind getting an alignment every month :heha:. But hey, you got the money, go for it!

I'd rather spend 1-2 grand on bolt on mods :winks

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
the98stang said:
I always assumed the 01-04 hoods were functional...how would you attach a hood scoop like the 01-04 to a 00 hood? Sorry for a dumb question but I just want my hood to look non gay...

BTW- I LOVE the handling in my stang as it is now. When you lower a car you can screw up the camber majorly. Even with the right Caster Camber plates and the right set up. Maybe you don't mind getting an alignment every month :heha:. But hey, you got the money, go for it!

I'd rather spend 1-2 grand on bolt on mods :winks

you really have NO idea what you are talking about, huh? :dunce:

seriously

1.) 01-04 hoods are NOT functional.

2.) with a good set of c/c plates (maximum motorsports) you will have zero problems with camber.

3.) i don't know who told you that an alignment is needed once a month. just once. thats it.

spend the 2 grand on bolt ons....just don't try to take a nice corner. lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yeah I'd get rid of those clear headlights... I like the ones on the cobra's
Cobra headlights

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
badass98svt said:
you really have NO idea what you are talking about, huh? :dunce:

seriously

1.) 01-04 hoods are NOT functional.

2.) with a good set of c/c plates (maximum motorsports) you will have zero problems with camber.

3.) i don't know who told you that an alignment is needed once a month. just once. thats it.

spend the 2 grand on bolt ons....just don't try to take a nice corner. lol
I never denied that the hoods were not functional...

If you hit even a minor pothole on the road in a lowered car, your alignment will be thrown off.

You can say w/e you want I was just stating my opinon. To me, lowering our mustangs is NOT worth the cash. So now you can drop the subject :wavey.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
the98stang said:
If you hit even a minor pothole on the road in a lowered car, your alignment will be thrown off.
you really have no idea what youy are talking about, huh?

a minor pothole DOES NOT throw off your alignment in a lowered car.
please don't spread rumors of BS. you are teaching all the other noobs the wrong stuff :sterb:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
badass98svt said:

a minor pothole DOES NOT throw off your alignment in a lowered car.
please don't spread rumors of BS. you are teaching all the other noobs the wrong stuff :sterb:
I wouldn't state such things if I knew it wasn't true. I have had five different shops tell me the same thing. Including my grandfather, who is a mechanic, and has been working on cars for 50 years. If you don't have the proper set up, your alignment can be thrown off very easily. Like I said before, it's not worth the cash in my opinon.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
i give up bro...why don't you start another thread and ask how many people with lowered stangs need to get alignments every week. lol

i've had 5 stangs, 4 of them lowered. 1 alignment was all it took after the springs and c/c plates were installed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
badass98svt said:
i give up bro...why don't you start another thread and ask how many people with lowered stangs need to get alignments every week. lol

i've had 5 stangs, 4 of them lowered. 1 alignment was all it took after the springs and c/c plates were installed.
I'm just saying if you get the wrong CC plates, springs or shocks, your car alignment will be all dicked up and your ride will be rough. I had a 98 stang and the previous owner screwed up the ride pretty bad. It had H&R springs, Tokico shocks, and FRRP CC plates. And that thing rode like Sh1t. Not only that, the alignment was constantly F'ed up. You do what you want...we all have different opinons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.