Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that i baught my diablo tuner i was wondering if there is a way to get a tune for CAI and exhaust? I know the stock tune comes for a stock 3.8 v6 but that you can still squeez out some more ponies by ordering one of those online tunes from bamachips... the reasoning behind this is because ur engine is now taking in more oxygen and putting it out faster. So i was wondering if there was someone who knew how to tune their car and put in one of these "custom" tunes for a 2002 3.8 with atuomatic transmission, MAC CAI, and 2.5 true dual exhaust with X pipe? I dont really want to pay 50-80 bucks for something that to me isnt a "for-sure" thing. So can anybody help me or show me how to adjust my tuner to get the "most" power?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Just order a tune from Bama, it is worth it. If you found somebody who had the same mods and the same calibration code then as far as I know you could use somebody else's tune but the odds of that are probably about the same as winning lottery. I wouldn't try adjusting a tune which isn't made for you car unless you know what you are doing because one wrong move and you have to buy a new engine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just figured alot of v6's had a cold air intake and dual exhaust since they are prety common upgrades and so i figured if someone ordered a tune or knew how to tune their car then i could just copy their settings... idk...=/

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I'm not sure if your tuner is unlocked or not, but I would not suggest playing with the tune at all unless you know what you are doing. The only true way to get the most out of your tune is to put it on a dyno, but that is not suggested at this point. If you are using the performance(93) tune already, then it will be fine for now.:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.