Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 5.0, my first GT! I am wanting to run the MBRP Race Serious cat back. Since I don't need to have emissions were I live, I am wanting to run an Off road H pipe. I have been looking around and found the Pypes off road H. Would this been good to run the pypes O/H-pipe with my MBRP race series? I talked to a guy with a 5.0 and he said that running two different manufacturers isn't a good thing. Is that true?

R

·
0 Posts
Well mixing manufactures when it comes to exhaust isnt always a bad thing. Its just that one in twenty chance that it might not fit perfectly. When it comes to performance setups like long tubes into shorty mid pipes you typically shouldn't because most manufactures flanges on the long tubes differ from others and also the long tubes are tuned specifically for there midpipe. If you are running a normal length o/r midpipe and not a shorty you should be perfectly fine as far as fitment is concerned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, so the Pypes O/R h-pipe has the mid pipe and then extensions to connect to the factory manifold and just delete the cats. Think that would be alright to hook up with the MBRP Cat back or should I just play it safe and find a MBRP O/R h-pipe

R

·
0 Posts
It should hook up perfectly. I wouldnt go buying a new after market mid pipe unless i knew it didnt work.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This was a similar setup to what I was running when I first modded my 5.0 I had the MBRP Race Series with a lethal performance offroad x-pipe. I would imagine with your combo with the offroad H it should sound better. I liked the sound, but there was a lot of drone which was a deal breaker for me so I switched to magnaflow. Anyways, good luck and mixing and matching is ok as long as its not with long tube headers and shorty mid pipes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts