Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my zex nitrous kit on my v6 and have the 55hp jets in right now. Ive done a lot of research and from what ive learned its safe to run that size shot with no tuning/timing advances/other mods, but my buddy just talked to a guy who sprays around a 200hp shot and said if i press the button its gonna blow my motor, first shot. I am almost positive this isnt true but its giving me second thoughts. Is this right?
If its not right then I have another question.
In order to run the 75 shot all i need to do is advance the timing 2 degs correct? Ive read that new spark plugs are needed but my car is still under 15k so the plugs are still fine unless they need to be a shade colder?
Lastly, if I want to hit the 100hp shot do i need to change the internals in anyway? new pistons or anything? I know id need to advance timing 4 more degrees than stock and get either a dyno tune or a mail-order (just dont know which is better but thats another thread i guess)
Hopefully someones here to help cause I do not wanna spray until I am sure I wont blow my motor/die:nono:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't know any of the answers, but I do have a question for you. Why would you spend the money and install something without knowing if you can even use it on your car?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you mad "bro"

I don't know any of the answers, but I do have a question for you. Why would you spend the money and install something without knowing if you can even use it on your car?
Well i was completely confident in my install and with all the research i did. The instructions even say that i do not need to do anything to my internals if i put the 50hp shot in. But being that my buddy talked to a guy who has been running his nitrous on his mustang for a couple years now and when he said id blow my motor it made me doubt myself. I knew the install was done correctly and it was wired fine, but when youre just a 20 year old whos never intalled nitrous before, or even taken his car to a strip, and some 40 year old, who drags his car regularly and is shooting 200hp+ shot on his, it kinda makes ya wonder. Plus id rather be safe than sorry.
Sorry if you get mad that a kid wants to be careful with his car...jeeze no need to freak :fuming:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh you can use it on your car for sure. silverbullet07 put the juice on his car, runs in the 13`s i think.
if this works, heres a link to some of his info. i guess its mostly install info though, but hes running 100 shot/4.10 gears too. stock internals.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...2005-2010-v6-mustang-zex-nitrous-install.html
maybe he will see this post and chime in :)
Ah i totally forgot about this thread! I remember reading this post before i even bought my kit because i wanted to be as confident in this as possible. This guy really knows his stuff! And ive also noticed that you seem to be on every thread post as well! You must have some skills!:worship Before i was a member on this site i read a couple hundreds of threads and jeeze its like you guys know everything bout the v6s from how to install poweradders down to the airflow paths in aftermarket mufflers :yup:
does he really have stock internals and has no problems running the 100!? wow thats music to my ears and def relieves a lot of nervousness bout my setup!
Thanks for the post this helped a lot!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
people may say you can run a 50 shot no problem with no tune or whatever. but i would never feel safe running any amount of nitrous without a tune. it is recommended that every 75 hp of nitrous you go a step colder with your plugs. not only will your timing need to be adjusted, but air/fuel ratios will need to be adjusted, shift points and shift pressure (if youre an automatic)

and yes i run 100 shot currently with stock internals on a very good tune. i run 13.6's all day long, and i spin FOREVER off the line. i am confident that anyone with 100 shot of nitrous and drag radials with gears could EASILY run 13.0-13.1's any day of the week

·
Registered
344 Posts
I wasn't mad or freaked. I just asked the question. Upgrading to Nitrous is less expensive than a supercharger, but is very limited in use. I would rather wait and do the supercharger upgrade. IMO nitrous is for drag racing, not overall preformance upgrading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts