Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up my ZEX install tonight. Well, I still have the remote bottle opener to wire up but I got to feel my 75 shot. First I must say the "machine gun" purge kit is very cool. I got the green cloud light because I didn't want to be mistaken for police or fire. The green purge cloud is very impressive (10+ feet high) at night and it tells everyone that maybe they shouldn't try this black 'stang 'cause it's got some special green go juice. OK, I finally checked and rechecked all my connections. No leaks. So it was time to go. Now I'm not one to wait around but I wanted to be careful at the same time. So I made a quick one second nitrous shot in 3rd gear. WOW. I could definetely feel a big kick in the seat of the pants. And I hear on this board that the 100 shot really kicks. I did one more run through 3rd gear, this time from 4k rpm up to 6k rpm. The was no sign of detonation and the horsepower felt GREAT. SO far, I'm quite pleased.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sweet, I wish I had the purge you got, but I guess mine gets the job done. If you like the 75hp jets, you'll love the 100's. I wouldn't go higher than that till you get a tune(you might already have this), some colder plugs and some sticky tires.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome to Club Zex!

Yeah, for some reason the 100HP shot felt like a lot more than an extra 25 over the 75HP shot... :eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fleg said:
where does the purge and green light point?
I have it coming out of the engine compartment at the back of the hood between the windshield wipers, pointing straight up. It looks very cool at night. I'll see about putting up some pictures today.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
limestang05 said:
Sweet, I wish I had the purge you got, but I guess mine gets the job done. If you like the 75hp jets, you'll love the 100's. I wouldn't go higher than that till you get a tune(you might already have this), some colder plugs and some sticky tires.
I put in the 100 shot yesterday and it is AWESOME. I retarded the spark two degrees expecting my non-nitrous performance to suffer. But in fact, I think I needed that. Maybe it's the cold, wet air here in Seattle but it seems to run just as good or better than the original Predator tune for my C&L intake. I'm running the 91 tune since we don't have 93 gas here and I hate buying octane boosters every time I fill up. When the nitrous kicks in it really kicks in. I ran through 3 gears at full 100 HP nitrous and I can't wait to get to the track. Unfortunately the drag strip here (Pacific Raceways, formerly Seattle Internatinal Raceway) doesn't open up again until next summer.

I already have a set of the colder plugs, HT0, and they're going on today. As far as sticky tires, my whole goal with my setup is to go as fast as I can looking comletely stock to the guy in the next lane. That means stock tires, too. I may get a set of Mickey Thompson's just to see what the car can do but my goal is to do it looking like a showroom car. You know, a sleeper.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fishingjts said:
Welcome to Club Zex!

Yeah, for some reason the 100HP shot felt like a lot more than an extra 25 over the 75HP shot... :eyepoppin
Thanks. It's a good club to be in! The 100 shot does feel good. When you really stomp on it in first and second gears it gives the car a "twist" that the stock HP just doesn't do. You know the twist I speak of? It kind of lifts one corner of your rear end due to all the torque. I love it.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5twenty said:
I finished up my ZEX install tonight. Well, I still have the remote bottle opener to wire up
I finished the bottle opener install last night. I put the switch on the vertical surface between the parking brake handle and the gear shift. Same with the purge button. They are very inconspicuous, you almost can't see them when the parking lever is down. Now and am ready to race at the touch of a button. SWEET.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hopefully this isn't to far off-topic but what is safer for the engine (if done correctly but without going into the engine), forced induction or NOS?

·
Registered
867 Posts
So what's the total cost with the automatic bottle opener and purge? They advertise $650 to $700 for the base system. I'm buying myself one for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2horseowner said:
So what's the total cost with the automatic bottle opener and purge? They advertise $650 to $700 for the base system. I'm buying myself one for Christmas.
Don't pay more than $599 for the kit. They really kill you with all the accessories. The bottle opener is $199. You don't need this but if you don't want get out and open the trunk every time you get a nitrous whim you'll want it. The purge kit is $115 or so and the machine gun option is another $115 but that includes both the rapid fire module and the purge cloud light. I've also found a bottle heater is a necessity unless it's always 85 degrees plus where you live. That's another $120. After all that, however, I am quite pleased with results. Not only the performance, which is fantastic, but also the show value. Opening the hood to reveal the steel braided lines and the shiny purple components is a pleasure not to mention the beautiful purple bottle zex gives you in the truck. The cloud purge light is AWESOME at night.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Can you take some pics of the purge in action?

·
Registered
867 Posts
5twenty said:
Don't pay more than $599 for the kit. They really kill you with all the accessories. The bottle opener is $199. You don't need this but if you don't want get out and open the trunk every time you get a nitrous whim you'll want it. The purge kit is $115 or so and the machine gun option is another $115 but that includes both the rapid fire module and the purge cloud light. I've also found a bottle heater is a necessity unless it's always 85 degrees plus where you live. That's another $120. After all that, however, I am quite pleased with results. Not only the performance, which is fantastic, but also the show value. Opening the hood to reveal the steel braided lines and the shiny purple components is a pleasure not to mention the beautiful purple bottle zex gives you in the truck. The cloud purge light is AWESOME at night.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I need the warmer - I'm here in San Diego. After seeing the pics of the Maxima explosion in the other thread I'm taking no chances. The track I run requires a vent to the outside if you don't have a metal bulkhead between the driver and the bottle so I'll need that.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2horseowner said:
Thanks for the info. I don't think I need the warmer - I'm here in San Diego. After seeing the pics of the Maxima explosion in the other thread I'm taking no chances. The track I run requires a vent to the outside if you don't have a metal bulkhead between the driver and the bottle so I'll need that.
I have the safety blowndown tube, too, just haven't put that in yet. In San Diego you may not need a bottle warmer, in Seattle I do.

Those explosion pictures were from a pressure controlled heater with the bottle valve closed. The ZEX heater is temperature controlled so it would never get to that point. Also, those exposion pics: why didn't the safety burst disc work? My guess is he didn't have one. The whole story on those pictures is not being told. Maybe he was one of those idiots who heat their bottle up with a blow torch before he got the bottle heater, weakening his bottle. Who knows, but I think the bottle explosions are so rare they are not to be worried about too much.

·
Registered
165 Posts
can anybody tell me which TPS wire (COLOR) i need to tap into. I have a wet delivery zex kit for a 2005 v6. thanks. i heard its yellow,, but i need to be sure.

·
Registered
165 Posts
actully, i dont have a yellow wire, we think its the gray with white stripe

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Go to summit racing they have a Pdf on the install or call Zex. It is the yellow on the V8.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.