Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'v been doing apperance mods on my 05 GT for about a year now. I'm just about finished, and then I saw this: This is a hand painted, one of a kind, piece of front end jewlery.... Should be in tomarrow . I will post installed pics.... :drool: :drool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
The inherant danger of gas burners....if they use diesel or JP8, that sort of thing would never happen!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
new stang owner said:
Sorry to pee on your parade, but this is not a one of a kind peice. CJ Pony Parts has been selling them on their website for some time now.


not to pee on your peeing on the parade but the one on the right is totally hand airbrushed....the CJ's part is the same as everyone other one they sell..old school screenprint VS new school hand airbrushed candy and pearl flames....I should know.....I'm doing them....the pic of the cj's part is for 2004 and below also....much smaller pony...they dont even do an 05 yet in flames.....the only other option for 05 owners are the same as everyone elses red, white and blue.....how unique those are.Not that theres anything wrong with red, white and blue....if you want patriotic....I can do it where you would never see your emblem anywhere on any other car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
hireman said:
the only other option for 05 owners are the same as everyone elses red, white and blue.....how unique those are.Not that theres anything wrong with red, white and blue....if you want patriotic....I can do it where you would never see your emblem anywhere on any other car.
Ya know... probably 99% of the Mustangs on the road have CHROME ponies. I've got the red, white, and blue pony on mine and have yet to come face to face with another Mustang with that same emblem... and I live in one of the largest cities in the US. Yes they're not one-off designs but why do they need to be. :eyebulge:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
That is really nice! Where do I get one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
martimus said:
Ya know... probably 99% of the Mustangs on the road have CHROME ponies. I've got the red, white, and blue pony on mine and have yet to come face to face with another Mustang with that same emblem... and I live in one of the largest cities in the US. Yes they're not one-off designs but why do they need to be. :eyebulge:
well thats the difference in people's taste....some people love the idea of having something thats totally unique to them and their car....thats personally the way I think, thats why I have a one off pony on the front of my car....I have the red interior and matched some of the candies in my pony to the car....to each their own I guess. It certainly gets a ton of attention wherever I go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
new stang owner said:
OK. I should have been more clear. It is a knockoff.
in order for it to be a "knockoff" as you term it wouldnt there have to be an original real flamed pony out there somewhere???? Wait a second ....there is one......their MINE....now the next guy who copies me you can term his a knockoff ( of mine). You must be able to see the difference between the old school one and what I am doing.......this is the same paint work we do on 100k dollar custom harleys......hardly a "knockoff" of probably an offshore produced old school 3 color
paint job. If you dont care for them thats cool but calling them a knockoff is somewhat insulting....unless of course you can show me what I am knocking off on....personally I dont think anyone would mind me copying artwork that goes on mega-buck cutsom harleys....I know I love mine!!!!

Like it or not......my front end looks like no other I have seen because of my emblem....you seen one like it anywhere????
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763164
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
ohhh were getting ready to do a black base, with legend lime pearl and candy color real flame job for a guy with a legend lime car......he will never see a pony like his anywhere....... How bout a black basecoat with a candy red pony skeleton head busting out into real color flames all done on the factory pony emblem........wont see that everyday either I'd bet......I'll post some pics here when done
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hireman said:
ohhh were getting ready to do a black base, with legend lime pearl and candy color real flame job for a guy with a legend lime car......he will never see a pony like his anywhere....... How bout a black basecoat with a candy red pony skeleton head busting out into real color flames all done on the factory pony emblem........wont see that everyday either I'd bet......I'll post some pics here when done
Go get um hireman!!!! As I stated when I started this post, yours are the best I'v seen. And when i get home I will have one waiting in my mail box.... Please post Pics of the variants....

PS if they were serial numbered mine would be 0001 right???? LOL...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
SRQ05GT said:
Go get um hireman!!!! As I stated when I started this post, yours are the best I'v seen. And when i get home I will have one waiting in my mail box.... Please post Pics of the variants....

PS if they were serial numbered mine would be 0001 right???? LOL...
Thanks for the compliment Jeff.........LOL!!! I'm not trying to "go get em" jsut dont like my work referred to as a knock off because they arent. Hey believe me I understand some will not like them...thats personal taste that I totally understand...Just like some wear timex and some where rolex.....they both tell pretty good time but the rolex guy cares about ego, status, style where the times guy cares about what freakin time it is and thats it. Ohh, I will make sure to post plenty of pics of our work to make sure we are not even put close to the category of "knock off's" again.

You ARE serial number 001...the way we are getting orders I might should have used a couple more zero's.....and its on your pony...I scratched it across the bottom of his tail.....hope you dont mind!!!!!ROFLMAO ;-)

what time does you mail get there?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sn - 001

Well as the first recipient of one of Bill new "ponies" let me pontificate. First, I am in no way associated with Bill or his new found busisness. We have never met, I did not get a discount on my "pony" or anything else. As a matter of fact I paid full price "up front" "side unseen".

I started down this road when I saw the front of Bills car in a post dealing with front ends. I new this is what I wanted to finsih off one years work upgrading the appreance of my Black 05GT. Well it arrived to day and it is everything Bill said it would be. First this is not some cheap mass produced piece of junk The quality is first rate. The paint is flawless and the clearcoat looks like glass. I will install this weekend and post pics after the install.

Good Job Bill. Thank You.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
Ascout said:
The inherant danger of gas burners....if they use diesel or JP8, that sort of thing would never happen!:)
My first thought when I saw that thing was...Richard Pryor...
 
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top