Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to set up my sound system now for a 1990 mustang lx. I got a 4 channel amp that i want to run my speaker off of but first i need to get the power wire through the firewall to reach my amp in the trunk. I already tried looking at the other threads but all I could find were the newer mustangs. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of where they ran their power wire through their firewall. Anything will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
When my battery was still in the engine bay I ran it through the rubber boot for steering column. Then ran it under driver kick panel and sill plate. You need to keep it on the drivers side to reduce engine noise. I now run everythng w/ clips through front k member and down the frame rail into the trunk/hatch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was thinking about buying that battery relocation kit from steeda. i think it was something like 200 dollars. but for now i just want some kind of music. so how big of a gauge can i run the the steering column boot. and is that even safe???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.